Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Favorite Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Accidentally, some production users were deleted from our R/3 system. Although we have restored the access with the required roles, but the favorites of the user is lost .

I came know that these entries are stored in the table entries SMEN_BUFFC , but these entries are also deleted after the users are deleted.

Is there some way we can restore the favorites setting for the user ? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vishal Padiyar,

SAP Basis and Security.

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately only a DB-restore will provide the deleted data.....

rgds,Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a comment, it will not solve your problem.

I recommend that people download their favorites to their PC's. This becomes a backup in such circumstances. I find it useful when building new systems to upload my favorites.

One thing you could try for your user is to have a person with similar tasks who may have a similar list of favorites to download their set of favorites on a PC that this user could access.

This function on the Favorites drop down menu has been available at least since 46C.

Regards,

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also fairly sure that they are gone, though on an off chance the table might have been logged. Unlikely though.

If the objects in the favourites menu were transactions, and the user had been using them actively, you could get parts of it back using the audit log (SM20) or the performance monitors (STAD).

Cheers,

Julius