cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Only InteractiveForm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am displaying a PDF document from a byte[] by setting the InteractiveForm property pdfSource to a context node of type binary which contains the byte[]. I am also setting the InteractiveForm mode to usePdf.

I can not make the form uneditable?

The method setEnabled(boolean) works when I am using the mode of generatedPdf and have a InteractiveForm mapped to the Wed dynpro but not for when I dynamically create the InteractiveForm with the byte[] in mode usePdf.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ellis,

Let me put this way, currently there are ways of doing this as a work around, but if I understand correctly, in NW04S the Interactive form element itself should come with this property, but again I am not sure on this.

Now coming to displaying a PDF in read-only mode

If you have access to the Template

-

There is a control which comes up with the standard ISR library, whose main purpose is to convert all the fields to Read-Only (I dont remember the exact name), this should have been included into your template before the PDF was generated now you would be required to do the following

1. Extract the data out of the PDF

2. Change the value of the attribute to set to read-only (view the documentation on the control mentioned above for this)

3. Re-render the PDF with these options

4. Use this binary content for the PDF Source

Another option would be as follows though will result in certain other undersirable effects with respect to drop downs etc.

1. Extract the Data out of the PDF, we cant extract the Template of the PDF otherwise it would have been perfect

2. Use the existing template, data, and render in Non-Interactive mode

These are some options that I have explored.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

looking for a way to make interactive form readonly too.

please help if someone knows. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

You can make the UI Elements in an interactive form read only by doing the following.

1) Select the UI Element.

2) In the script editor goto Form Ready event

3) Add the line : this.readOnly = true;

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham