cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can to access to Context Objects fields like MessageId in BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've read topic "Alerts in BPM - using variables is not working" (root thread posted on: Sep 14, 2005 4:54 AM, by user: Dirk Meinhard)

It is very good solution if we use own fields defined in our XSD-schema. However, how can to access to Context Objects fields like MessageId?

I've tried to apply your examples in the topic "Alerts in BPM - using variables is not working" for retrieving MessageId for alert notification, but BPM did not fill my variable.

May be anybody know how to get access to Context Object in BPM? I think that this problem can be resolved out of standard way (probably with user-defined function in program mapping) but it is last chance.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

OK here goes it is quite easy. You do not need to do anything in BPM.

In transaction ALRTCATDEF, you will have defined your alert category already. Edit this category.

Goto to the Container tab

Click on the create icon to add an expression.

In the pop-up add the element SXMS_MSG_GUID with a name XI_MESSAGE_ID. The radio button for ABAP Data Dictionary type should be selected and the type name is SXMSMGUIDC.

Accept this by clicking the green tick.

On the properties tab of the alert category you should also make sure the checkbox dynamic text is unticked otherwise the alert will be expected to be filled by BPM.

We are using this in certain cases and it works ok.

If you wish to add other standard ones, the list is avaiable in the help under Alert Management for XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please award the points if this helps.

Cheers

Colin.

Message was edited by: Colin Bickell

Message was edited by: Colin Bickell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked Michal's Blog ?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers.

Unfortunately, I already know these ways. However, I've hoped that there is other way to get access to ContextObject fields from the BPM.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please xpand on why you need to do this ? Do you need to do something in BPM specifically.

Cheers

Colin.