Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export under rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What is mean by Export under rebate?

Can u plz sent me the details about that.

How it is map?

Plz send me the details with example.

Thx & Regards,

PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PM

Export under Rebate is the procedure in which the exporters first pay the central excise duty before clearing the goods from the factory and subsequently get it back by applying for rebate after the goods are exported.

They have to apply to the Division or to the Maritime Commissioner (designated exclusively to look after all Export related issues) as the case may be, along with the required documents (usually the Export Promotion copy of the Shipping Bill and Bill of Lading) to prove that their goods had actually been exported.

Rebate can be claimed for both the inputs (purchased from indigenous markets and used in the manufacture of exported goods) as well as for the final products. Normally, rebate is being widely opted by non-excise assessees (for example garment exporters) who procure raw materials locally, manufacture their final products and export them.

It is similar to Drawback of Customs duties in respect of Imported raw materials.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Thx for ur reply.

Can u plz explain me the details procedure for Export under rebate.with customization

Also is it possible to have both under rebate & under bond senario?

Also explin me the details about Merchant Export.

Plz sent me the details for the same.

Thx & Regards,

PM

Edited by: PM on Feb 18, 2008 12:52 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PM

Still do you require Explanation about Exports with Rebate?? What I briefed above holds good.

With regard to IMG setting for rebate, please ensure the following:-

1) LG --> Tax on Goods Movement --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Series Group. Here for the series group, select the box for "Imm.util".

2) LG --> Tax on Goods Movement --> India --> Business Transaction --> Outgoing Excise Invoice --> Maintain Default Excise Groups and Series Groups. Here for the combination of your sales area, shipping point and plant, select "N" under the tab "Export".

Yes it is possible to generate both rebate and bond excise invoices. If that is the case, then I believe, you should not for the 1st suggestion given above.

Without selecting this option (Imm.Util), while creating excise invoice in J1IIN, after giving the billing document reference and enter, you will be taken to a screen where you can view the duty amount details. In this screen, on top left, there will be an icon similar to calculator (or press F6) so that the subsequent screen will appear in front of you. Here see under which category (Export Bond / No Bond / Deemed / LoT) the font is in blue colour. If you want to change this, click on the pencil icon so that it will keep changing. Generate excise invoice by selecting this appropriately and save.

This is what the rebate process works.

With regard to Merchant Exports, sorry I dont have much exposure on this. May be some other friends will guide you.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)