cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please guide me the master data which we require from client in Project system.

Please correct me if i am wrong, we have to create Projects through CJ01 with WBS elements, so that when we upload WBS wise expenses system not throws an error.

So in what format we should ask for master? For e.g. Project Name, WBS Elements, Cost Centers etc.

Please revert asap.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the thread posted by gverma under the topic

"Master Data and Uploading of open items" today.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand as to why you posted a new thread about the same topic?

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

I posted this again because i just want to know that in what format we have to take data from client, i mean what all fields we need for eg. Project name, WBS elements, cost center etc.

Then we have to upload WBS elements wise expenses.

Is there any other activity except this.

Please revert asap.

Thank You for your support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, the requirement is not clear.

Normally you don't have expenses incurred on Master data- that is standard WBS and networks. You have expenses on operational project, networks. This is what is transactional data. So if your requirement is to migrate open projects transactional data- such as expenses, revenues, hours booked, WIP, reserves etc, then you need to ask that.

Please think about the above, and give more information so that we can help you.

Thanks,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes we have to migrate some open projects.

So that's why i am asking that we have to take the data in CJ01 format or any other format.

2. And please tell me that, Do we have WBS wise vendor balances as well?

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sourabh is very right. Please be sure about your requirement.

Please note the following points:

1)The fields for data collection can be decided by client, because they are the owners of the proceses.

2)Only the client will upload the data into the system and not the consultants.

3)Once they create the master data, they create operative projects with these satndards as templates.

4)Expenses are booked only against the operatives WBS.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For migrating open projects also, the client must first create the open projects in the system, either by copying from templates or fully manual.

Once these open projects are created, expenss can be booked against the respective WBSE.

Regarding the WBSE wise vendor balance, it will be better if you contact your FI/CO consultant.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you need to migrate open projects, please consider the following:

1. You have to map the fields in tables PROJ and PRPS for WBS migration.

2. For networks, you need to map AFVC and CAUFV.

3. You need to migrate open PO for account assignment to WBS

4. You need to migrate CO and FI documents through which cost and revenue have been posted

5. Migrate sales orders with item account assigned to WBS

6. Either eliminate WIP and reserves by putting WBS to TECO or migrate WIP and reserves if they are still there -- need to monitor transaction data closely

You have to first finalize the approach for migration. The first step is critical and it will determine what all data needs to be migrated. If you have large number of projects, then you may have to create a program for downloading data from current system and uploading into new system. It could be a BDC based program by calling transactions or you can use LSMW.

Hope above gives you useful ideas to go about it.

Thanks,

Sourabh

Answers (0)