cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse ABAP based interactive forms in WD Java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please let me know if it is possible to reuse an ABAP based interactive form(not smartforms) in a java webdynpro application.

Eg scenario : A partly filled in interactive form (generated in the SAP system) is passed to a java webdynpro application which renders this form, then the user can enter the remaining details and submit the form.

Please let me know if this is possible at all.

Thanks,

Lisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Based on your reply, the form which we get on WDJ side from the RFC, will that be interactive?..

Thanks

Lisha

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes....it will be interactive.

WDJava picks up the form properties and render this accordingly. If the form is Statci , WDJ renders as static....

Regards

Srikanth KV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

My requirement itself is that my WD Java application should use an interactive form that was partly filled in and sent from SAP backend system.

Please share some useful documentation on this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisha,

Did you got documentation ? if yes can you shared it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have not got any inputs on this yet, sorry..

Regards,

Lisha

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of functionality is possible, it was done by SAP in HCM Forms and processes. In this case Form intialization is done by SFP and rendered in WDJava. User can then fill the form.

To do this you need to access the form template created in SFP from WD java.

Check this thread for more info on this - [SFP + WDJava|Refer to this thread - [SFP + WDJava|].]

Regards

Srikanth KV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your inputs.

Also can you please provide me any helpful documents which have explained how to achieve this, eg. creation of any appropriate RFC which might pass on the interactive form to WD Java as an output parameter

Thanks again

Lisha

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lisha,

It is possible but frankly speaking i could not understand your requirement .. why do you need the forms to opened again in Java webdynpro. Why the same can not be handled using only ABAP webdynpro.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I got similar requirement ans the reason is quite simple .

My customer want a solution for creating P.O in his sap system without beeing connected . So the only way to do it is to create an interactive forms .

Then we imagine that this forms will be used for the print output of P.O so we define it in SAP ABAP Backend .

After my customer required an Web interface for the same and want it with WD for JAVA ....

Regards

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is possible provided context mapping is exactly similar. But reverse is not true that means you may face problem if you try to reuse the form generated from the Java Webdynpro in ABAP webdynpro.

Cheers

Satya