cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach for handling a Repair business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A company provides Repair Services for various branded Products. The manufacturers send their Products for repair along with replacement Parts. The repaired Products are despatched back to the Original Manufacturer with details of Repair (nature of repair, Parts consumed etc.,). The Products are serialized and hence repair details has to be provided for each Unit of the Product.

After repair, Labour and / or Material Charges (billing) are claimed with the Manufacturer (the company may also use some of their own Parts for repair). Actual cost incurred for Repair is also to be determined.

Following metrics are to be taken care of:

Technician’s Performance in terms of no of units repaired per day, % Yield (Out of 100 Units, recovery is 80) Technician wise, Cost of Repair – Actual cost incurred for Repair / No of Units repaired

What would be the best approach to handle the above scenario in SAP R/3 v 4.7 ?

Request feedback.

Thanks.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

you can use normal repair process and use DIP Profile

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish, thanks for your reply.

However, would request you to guide me through the repair process with configuration and DIP ?

Thanks again.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

the steps for reparis process is as follows

1.Repair order process

2.Technical check and reparis processing

3.outbound delivery and billing

Repair order process

1.create the sales order type RAS-repari/service and include the service product and serviceable material over there and save the order

2. open the sales order in change mode go to menu sales document and deliver change the delivery type to LR i.e return delivery

3. assign serial number for the serviceable materials

the path is go to extras-->serial numbers assign and save

4. go to VL02N and post the goods reciept that means we are taking the goods in to our stores. Then check IQ03 thr which we can display serial number master record and verify.

Technical check and reparis processing

1. open sales order in change mode and here we will recognize how the returns were posted

go to item view-->repair tab in recieved field you can observe the recieved items

2. below that Business decision: start repair

you will get the repari procedure these things we can set it in customization.

the path is sales and distributionsalessales documentscustomer services-returns and repari procedure--define repair procedure

we have to assign repair procedure to item category

so that whenever you will put the material through item category we will get our own repair procedure.

then in the business decision

we can select how many u want to repair and how many u want to do outbound and how many u want to scrap for scrap items uhave to issue credit memo after this save the sales order

open sales order in change mode go to editdisplay criteria-all items

double click on the item sothat you can see the smorder i.e. service order (which gets generated automatically) which we will assign in requirement class.

Then go to service order confirm the operations and techo the order

then last step is

outbound delivery and billing

we have to send the repaired device back

go to va02

and see as soon as we techo the order an outbound delivery is created in repari tab. Perfrom outbound delivery i.e. salesdocument--deliver(need ot remove default delivery type) and save.

create transfer order and goods issue is posted.

then go to DP90

billing request process individually

give your sales document number

press save billing request

then go to sales document billing

invoice will get generated save it

settle the service order to sales order thr kO88 and settle the repair order thr VA88

still if you have any doubts mail me and reward me with points if it is useful to you

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks u very much, Satish.

I am getting the follg messages:

(a) "Order type SM03 is not suitable for repairs processing" message while creating the Sales Order of Type RAS.

(b) "A service order has not been found for action 'Repairs' when trying to assign partial / full qty to 'Repairs' check box in business decision

Did I miss any step?

The scenario is:

1. Customer gives 1000 Units and is taken into Stock (Product is Serialized)

2. Planner withdraws 100 Units per day and allocates them to 2 or more Technicians

3. End of day, Technician submits repair status for each Serial Number - like Problem, Action taken, Part replaced etc.,

The steps that I could cover are:

1. Created RAS Order

2. Mentioned Sold-to Party, Dely Plant, Service Product, Service Material and Qty

3. Using Repairs tab, indicated total qty received from customer as 'Returns'

4. Carried out Delivery and taken the full qty into stock Serial No wise

Thanks again for your time.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

see you have to assign repair procedure to your item category

in repair procedure you can define the steps I think I have mentioned int the previous thread.

item category will be assigned to requirement type and requirement type will be assigned to requirement class and in requirement class we can define the which service order defaultly system has to create ok

Check once IRPA and IRRA for your reference

I think RAS order would be there as default check in sales documents types..

still u face any problems pls mail me

my official mail id is shanmugas.putalapattu@tcs.com

regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish:

Would you please post your Repairs Procedure here? I have almost everything working except:

1. The Service Order is not created automatically. It is created only after I manually add a Delivery sub-item in the Repairs screen.

2. After TECOing the Service Order, the Outbound Delivery is not created automatically. I have to create it manually using VL01N.

Aside from the Repairs Procedure, is there anything which has to be set in order to have the above two created automatically?

Thanks,

Matthew Chau