cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if xACF is installed and running ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently having some problems with deploying my interactive form application. Among many things, I know that ACF and ADS are the mandatory items that must be installed. May I ask how can I verify that the ACF is running/installed on the client?

Thnak you very much.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

You can check it in control Panel->Add remove programs.

Find entry for "SAP Active component framework".

If this entry exists then ACF is installed on your client machine.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavik,

I hoping to see if theres a better/sure way of confirming that the ACF is working apart from checking the "add software component"......

I keep getting a "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:280)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.createPDF(PDFObject.java:222)

"

error and my sys admin has gone thru the ADS configuration many times to ensure that its properly configured. Any chance you have ome across similar problem before ?

from

KWok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

This problem is not due to ACF.

Have you restarted the server after configuring the ADS?

What is the version of AcrobaT READER?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have re-started the server as suggested by the configuration guide.

I am currently using Acrobat Reader 7.0.5

WAS on SP12

NWDS = 200505230145 ver 2.012

from

Kwok Wei

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the 'Connection refused' error is usually related to the ADS configuration, in particular the users you need to create.

If you are absolutely convinced that your ADS is configured properly, create a customer message on component BC-SRV-FP, and our SAP support colleagues will look at your issue.

Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus + Bhavik,

Both of you guys are correct. We kicked some digits in the port number and hence the "connect refused" error. My most sincerest apology for the confusion I may have caused. However, I now have a credential issue (in order to deploy my interactive forms) and as mentioned by Markus in another post, I will need to obtain the credential seperately.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you fix the issue? I am getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddiqui,

The cause of my problem was due to a some incorrect parameters set in the VA. I have a 3 page pdf which documents the error i made so if you are intersted, perhaps you can post your email and I can send you the attachment.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kwok Wei

I am having the same problem with ADS, I get the "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect" error. If possible please can you email me your notes on how to resolve this issue. My email address is bex55@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddiqui,

I know it's been a year, but do you still have that three page document? If so, could you email it to me at carol.lietz@ugs.com.

Thanks!

Carol

vinayak_kb
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am not able to get the Element Type as "Interactive Form" in my Webdynpro is it beacuse of the not having ACF?