cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an inspection lot out of a sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I know that at purchasing side you can make a "source inspection" which makes it possible to create an inspection lot before you do a goods receipt.

Is somehting similar existing at sales side meaning that you can create the inspection lot out of the sales order, but before a delivery or delivery note is created?

Thanks for the replies,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The problem is that the client does not set up production in SAP while they still have a "produce-to-order" business model... I suppose there is no way to solve this in standard SAP without including production...

Anyway thanks for the efforts!

Regards,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create manual lots. That seems to be the only solution. From you last comment, I understand now. I wish you had described that upfront.

No PP in SAP means no PP orders to be created from the sales order, hence no inspection lots. But you still want to use SAP to record results and perform inspections.

Manual lots would appear to be the only way.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot control the triggering of Inspection Lot without creating the Delivery.You can control Quality Inspection before GI for Delivery ,After GI for Delivery .What is the requirement exactly .Thanks

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, but it seems that you still need to create a delivery in order to trigger the inspection lot...

Is there no way of creating this without making the delivery first?

Thanks,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope.

Craig

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

yes system can create inspection lot before or after delivery provided you have activated the material for inspection type and specified in the QM info record

for detailed process kindly refer here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/af/fc4f35dfe82578e10000009b38f839/tree.htm

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for replying, but the link you've send does not seem to work (it only gives me a menu)... Do you have the correct link?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Philippe

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

try the following link and select QM in sales and distribution

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67fbcc9d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

regards

thyagarajan