cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between erp server and srm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can anyody tell me wats the diifference between an erp server and a srm server .

I mean srm is a module of erp so if we run a bdc for transaction bbp_ctr_maincc then it will create a contract in erp or in srm . the program bbp_contract_initial_upload

is for Initial Upload of contracts from ERP to SRM . but y do we need to upload the contracts from erp to srm since srm is 1 module of erp . so if once a contract no is created in erp then it will automticaly be available in srm transaction.

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Let me clear few things about ECC & SRM.

SRM is a new dimesnional procurement tool from SAP stable and not any module of basic ERP.

In ECC6.0 only basic SRM features were provided.I would say that as only EBP and not SRM.

SRM landscape is very huge in comparison to what has been provided in ECC and EBP is only a part of total SRM package.

This is the reason why you require different servers for SRM & ECC.

In SRM you have various implementation scenarios like Classic, Extended classic etc. So depending up on the scenario used, you may require the contracts created in R/3 to be available in SRM for various purposes.

Thats the reason why you need to upload contracts from SRM to R/3.

Not only contracts you need to replicate Material master, Vendor Master, Plants, Storage Locations etc from R/3 to SRM.

Hope this gives you a clear picture of SRM. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi This is my client;s requirment .

Develop an upload program for loading contracts from a file (example TXT, CSV) using core SRM data requirements. A successful upload will create the contract in SRM, and SRM will automatically (via ALE IDOC) create a contract in ERP.

SO does he means that first create a bdc to create contract and then can i use the functionality of the program BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD to create the contracts in erp .

how will srm automaticaly create create contract in erp .

Thanks

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The programme BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD is used to replicate contracts from ECC (R/3) to SRM and not vice versa.

And contracts that are created in SRM are not automatically replicated to R/3 (ECC).

As i said in my previous reply based on the scenario, contracts are created either in SRM system or in R/3 system.

In case of Extended Classic scenario contracts are created in SRM system (local system) and in case of classic scenario contracts are created in R/3 system.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in understanding the issue.

Please let us know on which scenario you are working to help you further.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi teja ,

can u tell me that once i have created a contract in srm then how will a transfer that contract to erp . is there any standard prog for that .

thanks

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

As i said in Classic Scenario, suppose you create a contract from either a bid invitation or from a Shopping cart, the contract will directly get created in R/3.

This contract will not be available in SRM.

In case you are in Extended classic scenario, what ever contracts you craete in SRM will be in SRM and will not get replicated to R/3.

I recommend you to create contracts in R/3 and upload those contracts in SRM using BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD report using SA38 txn. code in SRM.

In no scenario you can have the contract created in one system getting replicated to other system using ALE / IDOC and exists in both the systems.

Hope this will make you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

your customer requirement does not make fully sense. Why upload contracts via file into SRM and then creation of contracts in R/3?

I understand the requirement like this: You need to migrate old contracts and also set up a process to have contracts available in SRM as well R/3. That is for what the contract management scenario is for.

Upload of Contracts via File is usually used for migration of old documents into a new environment.

In the SAP space there is the Report BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD available to migrate R/3 contracts to SRM. Then the contract documents are in SRM and can be used for Contract Management.

Depending on the scenario - classic or extended classic - contracts are centrally managed in SRM or in R/3. I assume you are using classic scenario.

SRM as well R/3 differentiates between Global Outline Agreements and Contracts. In SRM you can create GOAs and let them automatically distribute into R/3 for operational usage in R/3.

Contracts can also be created in SRM and automatically created in R/3 for usage. This then imitated trx ME31K / ME31L.

Have a look into the help to get an overview of the contract management scenarios and clear the requirement with your customer.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM is not a module of ERP; SRM Server is the main component of the SRM Business Suite

ERP Server is the main component for the R/3 system

All documents are exchanged between ERP and SRM depending on Business Scenario using RFC

connection or XI (for SUS, CCM).

Trx bbp_ctr_maincc is only available in SRM - it creates contracts in SRM

Report bbp_contract_initial_upload is available to initially upload ERP contracts in SRM

(when a company switches from ERP contract scenario to SRM contract scenario)

Contracts will not be available automatically in SRM. They need to be initially uploaded in SRM

or then need to be created in SRM using the contract transactions.

Cheers,

C