cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APL2 From AII to R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anybody know if Auto-Id sends handling unit information to R3??

I explain, I refer when you do packing in AII and the return message (APL2) is sent to R3 if you can pass in the message the handling unit which is going to be in the delivery (that is, assign the handlings unit in R3 from AII, not automatically in R3)

If Auto-Id does it, how you must configure it for this???

Thanks and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find the answer in the configuration guide mentioned earlier in this forum. You can download this from service.sap.com/ibc, walk through the tree via SCM to get to the RFID page with several documents to be downloaded.

I configured this some time ago. I do not remember exactly all the steps, but I remember it had to do with configuring packaging in customizing. By these settings you say that you want to have HU's created on passing the packing info to R/3. I guess the config. guide should provide you enough details, you might search for the words 'packaging' and 'handling unit'.

Good luck!

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your answer but I can´t see any point in the document in which to configure handling units on AII..

Now, the handling unit sent in the APL2 Idoc to R3 is $1 and when the delivery is changed in R3 the message ALBO carries an SSCC number, do you remember where you set up AII system to change that $1 HU in order to send a right HU??

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read your message. I'll have a look tomorrow morning, I am in a hurry now. I will check how we configured this. To be continued...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I guess this should help you further. Good luck!

Regards,

Marc Korstanje

=======================================================

Both following two settings should be set in customizing

SAP Customizing > Auto-Id Infrastructure > Conditions and rules > Activities > Define Activities

Setting:

Activity name: DEVICE_SEND_FEEDBACK

Parameter name: PACK_MATERIAL_PALLET (description “pallet level”)

Activity parameter (allowed values): PACK_PAL

This PACK_PAL (or any other name) should correspond with the materialnr. In which you want to pack on the backend site !

You first set it here as an allowed value.

Secondly you choose this pack_pal in the following customizing transaction:

SAP Customizing > Auto-Id Infrastructure > Conditions and rules > Rules > Define rules

Setting:

Rule definition > Activity parameter.

Rule Definition = FPP

Activity name = (7) DEVICE_SEND_FEEDBACK

Parameter name = PACK_MATERIAL_PALLET

Parameter value = PACK_PAL (this is the material we created to pack in)

Former Member
0 Kudos

..... additionally:

dont't forget the right settings in R/3 regarding allowed packaging materials, material types, basic settings Handling Unit management etc.

See config guide "RFID-Enabled Outbound

Processing: Configuration

Guide" release 643 as of April last year, to be downloaded from service.sap.com/ibc pages 19 up to 22 (especially 22).

regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your answers, but maybe I didn´t explain well in my first message..

Our problem is to link the code of the handling units in R3 with the tag generated on AII (SSCC), now R3 generates the HU with an automatic code of R3(when APL2 arrives it comes with $1).

About the parameter PACK_MATERIAL_PALLET, you are absolutely right but that wasn´t our problem....Anyway thanks very much for your help..

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Daniel, it's more clear to me know, I think...

Please also let me know if you found the solution in the meantime, then I can spare the efforts.

To find a solution, I am thinking in following directions:

1) Check if your AutoId provides the correct SSCC nrs and if they appear in the idoc correctly direction R/3. We could compare contents if you wish with ours.

2) SSCC in AutoId correctly set?

3) check the settings as mentioned spro > logistic general > Handling Units > Basics > Define Packaging material types: V060 > "Nr. assignment, set to sscc18 already at creation of handling unit".

4) Check in the material master wether you use 'V060' in the "packaging material type" (sales general/plant view). Packaging material category: set to "packaging material" (should already be preconfigured).

Good luck, again

Regards

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Marc,

Thanks for your answers, finally we are gonna change the way of do it.

We are not going to manage, at the moment, handling units before packing in AII so we can use HU's from R3.

Thanks a lot for your efforts...

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

feel free to check on service.sap.com/rkt-rfid

Answers (0)