cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party WebService call: SOAP Lookup vs SOAP Adapter Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

What are the pros and cons of using SOAP Look up in Message Mapping for webService call.

Previously my scenario was a standard SOAP Adapter Scenario. But it had BPM, so I have designed it via SOAP look up in Message Map to avoid BPM.

I want to know what are the merits and demerits (In terms of Performance - Payload size:Runtime, Maintanence, Configurability,etc) of using SOAP Look up instead of standard SOAP Scenario.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am assuming that you migth have visted this link

SOAP Lookup - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

SOAP Look-ups are very much possible and performance wise also its preferrable as compare to BPM.

Its pretty much simple and easy way to handle it with UDFs.

The performance could also depend upon what kind of things you need to achive or replacing with BPM.

If you will be dealing with too many resources in BPM then that creates the performance overloaded issues.

UDFs also have the performance problems nased on the payload size but very minimal.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand currectly then Lookup is used to to make a call to external system and get some information. It means we have to send small message to the systems and get the response from there and Map it to the target Message.

No if in your case the message is of high volume, then it does not affect on performance...as compared to BPM. Using BPM is highly time consumable and has performance issue, so in comparision to this Lookup is much better option then using BPM.

Thanks

Farooq

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt responses.

Next question would be how efficient the look up would be if we are dealing with reasonable payloads (size<1 MB) and also for heavy loads (size>1 MB).

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know there will not be big concerns if you will be dealing with 1-2 MB payload size.

But for Payload size you need to upgrade the configuration of Integration Server as well as increase the Paging/heap size as well as memory allocations.

If the data will be in GB then I don't think it will be preferable option. rather I will suggest to avoid XI only. SAP does not recommend XI for the data in many GBs

thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 18, 2008 9:31 AM