cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS Reverse Proxy and Basic Authentication

0 Kudos

Hi,

we've currently put a WebAS 6.40 serving a BSP Application in our Appl-DMZ. For the access via Web the IIS Reverse Proxy is used, which works fine as long as you use a service for which a user is provided (in SICF). But if you don't provide a user in the service (in order to debug the BSP Application) you have to authenticate yourself using Basic Authentication (Browser Popup) which does not work (the popup returns and returns ...)

I' ve browsed the forums and it seems that the IIS Reverse Proxy does not support (the forwarding) of Basic Authentication "requests".

So my question, does someone exactly know if the IIS Reverse proxy supports Basic Authentication or not ?

Thanks,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

1. have you checked out Alon Weinstein's Weblog <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/23/the-reverse-proxy-series--part-2-iis-as-a-reverse-proxy">The Reverse Proxy Series -- Part 2: IIS as a reverse-proxy</a>?

2. Is the IIS a must? Can you give Apache or SAP Web Dispatcher a try. Prakash Singh wrote a Weblog <a href="/people/prakash.singh4/blog/2005/08/16/how-to-setup-webdispatcher-to-load-balance-portal-in-a-clustered-environment">How to setup webdispatcher to load balance portal in a clustered environment</a>.

Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

thanks for your response.

1) I know the blog, very helpful, but no answer to my question

2) I know Apache could do nearly everything, but it's not supported by our server group. The Webdispatcher does not support alle features the iisproxy has (see /thread/50731 [original link is broken] )

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know why but it's working now. So the answer is that Basic Authentication works with IIS Proxy.

Markus