I am trying the scenario.

Http Client -> XI-->BPM -

> RFC

<- <-- <-------

The whole communication is Synchronous.

So I have

One Outbound Synchronous Interface

One Inbound Synchronous Interface.

Two Abstract Synchronous Interface for BPM.

And 4 Abstract Asynchronous Interfaces for the containers which is to used in BPM.

(Two for request and two for response )

For simple Request Response Messages from the RFC my Scenario is working perfectly.

But I Introduced an Exception in RFC, So my Rfc is Throwing an Exception Message which needs to be returned back to Http Client.

Now my problem is only Synchronous interfaces have the option of fault messages in which the exception message can be included. So how do I pass the Exception message to Http Client via BPM , Because Containers require Asynchronous Interfaces and they are not accepting fault messages.

Has Anyone tried this kind of exception handling in BPM,

Please Help Me.

Yomesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh ,

Do you really need BPM , since HTTP adapter can handle synchronous request from your http client , may be you can route the request directly to the RFC rather than routing via BPM. Just an idea , since am not aware of how flexible your http client system is to send a Sync request rather than an async , let know if it helps

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

first of all thanks for ur reply,

In my scenario there are two reciever systems(SAP and JDE) and call to both the systems is synchronous. I am merging the responses from both systems into one using BPM. Thats why I needed BPM.

Now About exception handling that is required because if response from one system is not there then also the BPM process should not terminate .It should give the output from other system and an error message for first one to the HTTP client.

I think now the scenario is clear for you,

Please see if you can help me with that.

Thanks,

Yomesh