cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE51N Fast data entry for inspections results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

We have QM inspections lots with lot origin 03(Production orders) where we need to enter inspections results for individual units(for each serial numbers) using transaction QE51N. In some cases where the number of serial numbers for the inspection lot is big, for example 200, we have one measured value to be entered for the first 150 serial numbers and then another measured value for the last 50 serial numbers. The manual way woufl be to enter the first few result lines in QE51N and then use 'Copy and Paste' technique to insert these values in other lines. But doing this for 200 lines is painful for the end users.

TRIED OUT SOLUTION: I activated the QEEM021 user exit to create a US1+ push button on the QE51N individual results entry screen. The user enters the inspection results on the first results line. Then he clicks the US1+ button and I present a custom popup screen where the user can select the enduser can insert the QE51N results line numbers (FROM) and (TO) to which the existing result of line 1 is copied.

PROBLEM: I used EXIT_SAPLQEEM_0021 to copy the results from the first line to other lines. But to my surprise I found that you can copy the results to one results line only. By the way the sap documentation says that EXIT_SAPLQEEM_0021 is to be used for entering results into QE51N from external measuring devices one result at a time.

Please share your experience if you have solved or have an alternative solution.

Thanks.

S.Sitapati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Satyanarayana,

maybe you should consider the BAPI BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS for this purpose. You could use the correspondent table SAMPLE_RESULTS or SINGLE_RESULTS depending on your setup.

If you are working an a System 4.7 and higher you could also consider the BAdi QECOPY for this too.

I hope that this information helps you.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Isabelle,

I did some reading about BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS and found this is the recommended function module for interfacing XMii and QM usving Java connector. I found a sap package QECOPY with some BADIs for copying inspection results from one inspection lot to another, or from one previous operation or inspection point to another, I have doubts regarding the suitability of these BADIs for duplicating inspections results for a characteristic from one serial number to several other serial numbers within the same inspection point. If I had a choice to duplicate inspection results using an external program (i.e outside QE51N) I would definitely use BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS. Thanks for your help. I think you are very knowlegable in QM. I have rewarded you points.

Satyanarayana

Answers (0)