Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security policy,strategy and standadards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus

i am security guy. i am in intial stage of implementing security. i want to know how to prepare the docs, please give me any suggestions to prepare documentation for security policy and strategy and send any docs.

Regards

Ramesh

2 REPLIES 2

Astrid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, wrong posting.

Edited by: Astrid Herbst on Feb 18, 2008 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hello gurus

>

> i am security guy. i am in intial stage of implementing security. i want to know how to prepare the docs, please give me any suggestions to prepare documentation for security policy and strategy and send any docs.

>

> Regards

> Ramesh

Hi,

Security Policy: You must start with your companies Application Security policy and where applicable map it to the SAP specific components. Info contained would be things like password rules, UserID naming etc.

Security Strategy: there are plenty of posts on here which cover typical components of a strategy. Use the search for "Strategy" and you will get plenty.

Standards: I'm sure you can come up with your own UserID, role naming conventions, SU24 policy etc. There is loads of info on this site.

I don't think it is in the spirit of the forum to request docs to be sent to you. Any that will be sent will require major modification to suit your requirements. You are better off starting from scratch.