cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS640 JAVA SP13 up-grade failed from SP9

0 Kudos

Hello

We would like to up-grade from SP9 to SP13 in WAS640 JAVA.

But SAPINST failed.

The error message was following.

*SAPINST.log

INFO 2005-10-19 14:19:25

'/bin/sh -c /usr/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program/StopServer.sh' returned with '1'.

ERROR 2005-10-19 14:19:25

MUT-02041 SDM call of stopServer ends with returncode 1

ERROR 2005-10-19 14:19:25

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text

undefined.

*sh.log

running on HP-UX better use the '-XdoCloseWithReadPending' option

Starting '/opt/java1.4/bin/java' '-XdoCloseWithReadPending' '-Xmx64M' -jar '/usr

/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar' shutdown 'sdmguiport=50318' 'sdmhome=/usr

/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program'

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

I tried stopsap, also stopserver.sh manually.But the problem didn't solve.

Could you have any idea that we can solve this problem.

Our system OS is HP-UX 11i,JDK 1.4.2.7

Best regards

yuki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems the SDM can't be stop. Rerun the installation,

and when the error occurs, stop the SDM manually (/usr/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program/StopServer.sh), and then in SAPInst GUI press 'Retry'.

If this doesn't solve your Problem, please post the callSdmViaSapInst.log, StopServer.sh.log and java.log files.

regards daniel

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your replay.

I can do StopServer.sh manually.But the problem didn't solve.Also there aren't any callSdmViaSapInst.log and java.log in installation directory.

maybe SAPINST couldn't call SDM.

Best regards

Yuki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuki,

Most probably the user that started the installation has limited permissions or there is a problem in the mounting of the file system.

The root cause for the problem is that it is not possible to execute java at all. You can try to run java -version in the sapinst directory for a test.

Kind Regards

Vyara

0 Kudos

I can run java -version in the sapinst directory...

Best regards

Yuki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuki,

Is this sh.log in sapinst directory? You must be able to run java in every subdirectory as well. Try to execute the command that failed in the directory of the log, i.e:

/opt/java1.4/bin/java -XdoCloseWithReadPending -Xmx64M -jar /usr/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar shutdown sdmguiport=50318 sdmhome=/usr/sap/TMF/JC03/SDM/program

If it fails again try to run java -version in the same directory and check the permissions.

The message in sh.log means exactly that the JVM cannot be initialized. As I said the most common cause is permissions configuration and the other reason, which I came upon, was a problem with the mounting of the file system (ls shows no .)

Regards

Vyara

0 Kudos

I can solve the problem because of the UNIX directory permission.

The upper directory from installation directory doesn't have 777 permission.

Best resgards

Yuki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our solution was to update the environment variable sdm_java_home to the correct java location.

For a reason, when our system was installed we used a java version that was recorded for SDM in the file D:\usr\sap\CRQ\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\sdm_jdk.bat. We edited the file and updated the java location according to the new java_home in place.

After trying again, the problem vanished.