Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPen items

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What are open items?

In a particular company code what is the process to find all the open items?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I understand that you are talking about the open line items in a Sales Order. Please correct me if am wrong.

In the context that I took above, we call line items to be open if no further processing is done upon them i.e., the items that are yet to be delivered and that still remain in the sales order to be delivered are termed as the Open line items.

All line items for which delivery documents have not been created can be termed as Open Line Items.

The status of such items can be identified from the Document Flow for the Sales Order.

In case, you question was generic, I suppose the other reply threads could explain better!

In generic terms, any item that does not go to further processing steps are termed as Open Items!

Kindly let me know if this answers your question

Regards

Vinodh S

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

clarified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open itemss in SAP is where for example you have created sales order and not yet delivered, this is called as open sales order. like wise delivered but not billed, billed but not yet posted to accounting, so all these are called as openitems in company.

you can check in T.cdoe:FbL5N. here you get customer open items. Like wise you can goto

VA05 for order

VF05 for billing.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Open is referred to many processes represented in terms of documents through out SAP.

For example

1) Account receivables from a customer result in an open item from the billing perspective. Like only after an accounting doucment is created the billing is considered to be completed. When that accounting doc. is cleared, means the accounts receivables have resulted in customer payments.

2) A sales order remains open until the last unit of quantity of each and every line item is comletely delivered. A delivery remains open till all of items are billed.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open items can be find in FBL5n for ccode. These are basically uncleared items in customer outstandings.

Rewards if useful.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

open items are those that do not have subsequent transactions and yet, the latter are required. in SD, any of the following can be open items:

1. sales orders (if no subsequent delivery has been processed)

2. outbound deliveries (if goods issue has not been posted and no billing document has been created)

3. billing document (if this has not been posted to accounting)

4. accounting document (if this has not been cleared by, say, a payment or credit memo)

there can also be open items in other modules. production orders, if not completed or confirmed, can remain open in PP. purchase orders can also be open in MM if no subsequent transaction is made.

you can check on status of SD documents by going to document flow in any of these documents. you can also see the document status when you do ABAP queries, using the correct tables.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Feb 18, 2008 1:50 PM