Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract data from the XL sheet for mapping

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a scenario of file to idoc, where in the source file contains the information in XL sheet. Can we access the XL sheet data for mapping ? if so can anyone helpme providing the procedure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For reading an XL file u need to write an java code.

refer the below weblog for more help:

SAP Network Blog: XI: Generating Excel files without the Java nor the Conversion agent not possible?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

SAP Network Blog: Read Excel instead of XML through FileAdapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

Thnx

Chirag

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you raj & Chirag.

Is there any procedure of converting XL sheet to XML without using module processor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is the only method by which u can convert the Excel to XML.

In most of the thread reply u will get to know about this two process only.

Thnx

Chirag

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Im new to XI and I dont know much about modules. If possible can you please provide me the complete code required to utilise this blog.

Thanks in adavance.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Probably this might give u lead -https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d75a6a

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with the above link which is provided by Raj refer the below link as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/f04142099eb76be10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thnx

Chirag

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Chirag, raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Refer-

raj,