cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Failing Due to VMS Operating System's File Version Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an inbound (sender) communication channel using FTP transport protocol that collects text data files from a VMS operating system. The communication channel tries to archive the file collected but fails due to VMS adding a version number to the end of the filename i.e. 0000000.txt;1 0000000.txt;2

Therefore, the file errors in the inbound (to XI) communication channel. Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Cheers,

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darren,

When u are getting the error. While reading or archiving? Can u check the audit log.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

XI reads the file okay due to using the * mask in the filename specification. The error occurs when trying to archive the file. If I turn the archive function off and just delete the file after processing the interface works fine but the requirement is to archive all inbound files.

Cheers,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riggs,

One thing comes to my mind is in receiver determination you use one more business system and in this dont configure any mapping. Just use to transfer the file from one location to another. So no mapping and no IR involved. Only the configuration.

Also in the sender communication channel select the option delete and also check the filename in adapter specific identifiers. In reciever communication channel file also you select once again filename so that you have the same filename.

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darren,

Could you paste the error here, which u got from Audit log?

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved at the senders end. Thank you all for your responses, they were all greatly appreciated.