Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict Cost center Reports by Company Code..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got Client requirement to restrict the Cost center related Reports (ex S_ALR_87013611) by company Code..

FI related Report Tcodes pull the org level Company Code into the role so that we can restrict them by company code. Where as for Controlling related reports it is by controlling area..

i tried by adding the object F_BKPF_BUK(company code related) through the su24 to the above reporting tcode and then created a test role which pulled the company code to the org level, but i did not get the expected results..

I really would appreciate if any one give me some idea how to do it..

Thanks you

Suresh

Edited by: SURESH LINGUTLA on Feb 18, 2008 2:09 AM

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I got Client requirement to restrict the Cost center related Reports (ex S_ALR_87013611) by company Code..

>

> i tried by adding the object F_BKPF_BUK(company code related) through the su24 to the above reporting tcode and then created a test role which pulled the company code to the org level, but i did not get the expected results..

Hi Suresh,

One thing to know about adding checks in SU24 is that it only makes sense if the actual AUTHORITY-CHECK statement for the corresponding object is in the report for the transaction you're changing. If it is not in the abap code then it will never be checked. With SU24 you can disable programmed authority checks (within limits) but you cannot enable checks that are not programmed.

One way to get an idea of usable authority checks for a transaction is to run it with sufficient authorizations and a trace for authority checks (ST01) in the background. If your requested object or another one with a BUK field isn't in the trace output you may need to look for availble user-exits in the code.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I would appreciate your input..

Do you think the only solution would be writing Custom pgm and check the object within the call statement..also Developer need to modify the query by including the company code..

please suggest is this the one you suggest.

Thanks

Suresh

0 Kudos

>

> Do you think the only solution would be writing Custom pgm and check the object within the call statement..also Developer need to modify the query by including the company code..

If you're absolutely sure there are no usable checks in the existing program that is exactly what I am suggesting.

0 Kudos

Yes Jurjen, when i traced, as per your suggestion, by running the report with full access test id, i did not find any Company Code related object.

So you have any other suggestion..

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

>

> So you have any other suggestion..

Have an ababper search for user-exits.

That was the last one