cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table to validate and assign values to target field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a assync scenario, I have a graphical mapping.

Now I need to create and maintain a table of values and use it to validate source fields and assing corresponding values in a target field. This table must have more than 200 rows and could be modified .

What is the best way to do it?

If I create an ABAP table and use an abap mapping... how to modify target value field?

Thanks,

Carme

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carme,

You can go for Value Mapping, since u have more values I would suggest u to go for Tables as u said.

To assign the values u can do RFC lookup in graphical mapping itself-which will take the source and lookup in the table and return the correspoding target.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Raj,Fixed value mapping is not the good option as u need to maintain value in fixed value mapping table and it will be time consuming.

Best way to do is to maintain a table in R3 and using Graphical maping u pass the value to R3 table and select the value which is corresponds to that input value.

Refer the weblog for more info.

Lookups - /people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

Lookups - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Lookup - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I will try it

Carme