cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Type, Item category,Item category group Relation SD Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

SaP Gurus

From SD viewpoint , what is the relation between Material Type, Item category,Item category group. i m confused in these. e.g. if we want to sell new material type in different plant , which configuration we should be done. Plz give some butter stuff.

Regards\Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material type, we can define Default Item Category Group, so that when you create the Materials of that Material type, Item Category Group get copied, however you can change if required.

Item Category Group is one of the Major factor in determining the Item Category of the Sales Document Line item.

In other words, the whole purpose is, determintaion of the Item Category in Sales Document line item. Item category in turn is having lot of Control parameters.

I hope, it clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thans Ramkumar, furhter I have one moe question. if i have a material type . and want to sale it. How i can maintane sales view ( MM02) (material already exists).

Regards\Adnan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear adnan

If you want to extend sales view for a particular material, you have to go to MM01 and select the sales views.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for your second question asked , for the question related to material type,item category, and item category group.

to maintain the views, for the already created material , go to MM01 and select the required feilds and then if it is not happening then go to OMS2 to maintian it . by this it will should be done.

If u find this point useful reward the points

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

Go to MM01, insert the material number you want to extend both in material field and reference material field. Now select which all views you would like to maintain for this material.

If you have to make mass extensions try running LSMW for transaction MM01 and extend all the mateials under sales view.

Reward if helpful

Regards

Ravi.D.Mansharamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

by standard according to material types the item category groups are preset and item category determination is also maintained.

But however we can always define new materials types depending on our requirement with the desired item cat. group and the required item cat determination ( VOV4 ). This we can do in OMS2, which is offcourse a pure MM task.

To add sales views to an existing material, you can simply go to MM01 transaction code and select the material for which you want to add these views. Since sales general plant data requires you to input the plant, select the required plant in organizational levels. Automatically, now the material type and industry sector are defaulted. Now select the required sales views you want to add and maintain the data.

You will now be able to sell this material.

regards

sadhu kishore