cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass updating a multi-valued field- to append the new value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on multi-valued fields:

I have store table with 5 multi-valued fields, say MLB, soccer, college FTBL, college Basketball, etc.

A store can have 4 MLBs, 2 soccer teams, and so on.

Say, there is a new MLB that came out called Mexico MLB team.

A user wanted to add this to 30 stores using a mass update. But remember the 30 stores can have totally different sets of values in the multi-valued fields.

How can I add this new value while still preserving the MLB team’s values of each store record?

Does MDM not support this feature?

I am using SAP MDM SP6

An answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Savi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Savi,

I assume you are defined these fields as multi-value lookup and linked to main table. In general, you can not because it will mess up and overwrite your multi-value entries for all of your 30 store records.

Here is something in MDM come in handy. It is following the same concept but design your model a little differently. If you model your multi-value fields into qualified lookup table, it will be easier and optimized to handle.

You can select all 30 records and mass-update with adding the new MLB entry into your Q-lookup table. Once you save, this mass-update action will respect all your diversity of each individual records with the new value added.

Hope this helps

If this answers your question, please kindly reward the points.

Regards

Dawei