Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass user upload through LSMW and ECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to upload mass users using LSMW and ECATT. How to use these tcodes and can some one tell me how role mapping is done with these tcodes. I havent't used these before and please giveme the procedure or steps if some one has got.

Your answer is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Sandhya

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends on the SAP version which tool is better to use. On6.0 i use LSMW on version were CATT is available i prefer that.

Have not been able to find a instruction on how to do your job. But if you search with google you find many more general instructions and you can start there to understand how the tools work. With your knowledge of the processes one should be able to find out for yourselve how to use them.

0 Kudos

I agree with Auke, there are enough tutorials out there to use the tools.

If you are using eCATT then SU10 rather than SU01 is more flexible for role assignment in my opinion, though it foes depend on how your roles are structured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you let the "mass persons" create their own users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you can find a tutorial "Create Mass users using eCATT" with pictures.

0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing us there! A very usefull document.

Having said that, I think it is a pity the blog's writer gave a step by step tutorial without explaining what the steps mean. Once you really understand how to automate stuff with ECATT and know its limitations you can get rid of a lot of repititive jobs.

Julius, this looks like one for the sticky thread.

0 Kudos

Hi boris,

nice one.

very helpful.

ECATT is very much comfortable and also saves a lot of time.