cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem referencing VS2003 proxies in VS2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to extract data via .Net Connector in Visual Studio 2005. I have the latest .Net Connector (version 2.0.1), and have read the 5 page document that discusses building the proxies in VS 2003, then using them in VS 2005.

I installed a copy of VS2003, installed the .Net Connector. I got a connection to the server, created a C# project, added a SAP Connector Proxy, and drag&dropped the Bapi objects onto the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl object. Saved & built the project.

Next I opened VS2005 and added the references to the 3 SAP Connector dll objects as described in step 10. However, at step 11, when I view the Proxy class in the Object Browser, I don't see the list of Bapi objects as shown in the document diagram. All I have is the SAPProxy1 class.

Did I miss a step? Should I have done anything else in VS2003 other than dragging my Bapi's and dropping them on the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl object?

Thanks in advance for any help .......

D.

Abandoning the VS2003 to VS2005 "kluge" - using the new Enterprises Explorer add-in for VS2005.

Works pretty well - thanks SAP!

Edited by: Dorian Salmon on Feb 21, 2008 8:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dorian,

I am not able to recreate your problem on my computer. You do seem to be doing all the right steps.

Here are some suggestions:

1) Using windows explorer, make sure the files you think are missing are still in the project directory

If they are not there, try recreating the project to see if they are there before you converted to VS2005.

2) If they are there, click on the "Show all files" in the VS2005 solution explorer. Perhaps they are there but for some reason were not included as part of your project when you converted.

3) If they are there, right click on each one and select "Include in Project".

Please reward points if this helps.

Good Luck!