cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems replicating vendors from 2 backend systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a problem with the following scenario, using SRM 5.0 connected to 2 backend ECC 6.0 systems.

Our vendors are created exactly the same in the 2 backends systems. This means same vendor number assigned to same Purchasing Organization, but different Company Codes.

Example:

Vendor Number = 123456

Company Code = 0001 in backend system 1 and 0002 in backend system 2

Purchasing Organization = ABCD in both backend systems

Now, here's the problem:

1. I execute BBPGETVD in SRM for vendor number 123456 and backend system 1. Everything is OK

2. I execute BBPGETVD in SRM for same vendor number, but backend system 2. The system sends an error saying that the vendor already exists as a business partner.

3. I tried executing BBPUPDVD in SRM referring to backend system 2, but system sends an error saying something like "No vendors for indicated backend system or interval". I guess this is OK, since I couldn't really link the vendor number to backend system 2, in step 2.

However, I can do this manually using the web interface (Manage Business Parter).

Do you know of any standard solution to do this automatically?

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

In addition to masa's observations please go through the following observations :

In BBPGETVD transaction you have the option of chossing from which system the business partner numbers from be taken from.

I think in your case you would have choosen " Only transfer R/3 numbers" option. Thats why you are getting this error as you want to have same business partner number for the vendors from different logical system.

The issue could be resolved by choosing either of the other two options i.e " Internal number assignment only" or " If R/3 number assignment is not possible : Internal number Assignment" .

In the above case the system would have avoided the conflict of assigning the same business partner number.

In case you assign from portal using "Manage Business Partners" link, you are creating a local (internal) business partner and linking it to backend (logical system) vendor. In this case there is no conflict of assigning same business partner number so you are not getting any error unless you want to assign the same back end vendor which you have already replicated.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is the number range option in the end of BBPGETVD screen. Which option did you selected ?

+ Internal Number Assignment only

+ Only transfer R/3 Number

+ If R/3 Number Assignment is not possible: Internal Number Assignment

Regards,

Masa