cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of MAster record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

We have created some master records by mistake .....we want to delete it How do we do that ...any clues???Master record has that grid brown colored box in it????Tried but its not getting deleted..

Need ur help ..

Regards,

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

By brown colour box do you mean that they are checked out. If so then you have to checkin those records and then it will allow you to delete your records. For this do the following steps:

1) Choose all those records you want to delete.

2) Right click check in/roll back.

3) Delete those records.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

I think you just got confused between the light yellow folder kind of sign and the brown grid box....

What you have replied is about the Light yellow folder like box ,which is indication that record is checked out and is waiting the approval process to get checked inn..

What am i saying is about "brown grid box" which indicate that the record is already cheked in..I dont know how to delete the record with this sign...Its the third column in data manager in "Records" tab..

I think many Guru's have viewed this thread and they are still working on it..

Thanks a lot for your effort Dalmit..

Hope we get success.

Regards

Vikrant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikrant,

These records can't be deleted, i am also facing same problem in a Duplicate Repository.

I think in main or original repository, the option Add Master always comes gray.

If in future you get any success to deleting such records then please share the method you used.

BR,

Alok