cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: billing document doesn't exist (message VF041)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have someting strange in our system. When we see at FI a document which comes from SD when an invoice is saved, in some cases we see FI document but when we try to see the related invoice the system says that it doe not exist, although FI document in field reference key indicates the number of the invoice. We have not archived documents, so I don't know what has happened, but some invoices have disappeared and FI documents still exist.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link which may be help ful for you for missing billing documents.

Also let me know when you are checking the billing document number in VF02 is it giving this message"express document terminated" kind of message, if so please tell to your ABAPER/ Basis person for this problem why it is missing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/3d5540b8cdcd01e10000000a155106/content.htm

If it is helpful reward points.

bye

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting Message VF041 then i think the documents were archived. Check SAP Note 575906 and 520773.

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks. I have checked those notes but they are already applied because our support package level is higher than required and the corrections exist in the tables mentioned.

More help?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version are you in? Have you checked this SAP Note 636502?

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verena,

Go to VA02 and check in document flow whether your invoice number has been listed there. Also check if the accounting document has been generated.

If not go to VF02 and release it to accounting by pressing the green flag icon.

Also in VF02 , you can go to output and based on ur output type repeat the output by clicking on the "repeat output" icon.

Now go to VF31 and simply click on execute, you now have the option of seeing the print preview of your invoice listing all the correct details.

Reward points if helpful.

Kind Regards

Ravi.D.Mansharamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I go to VA02 and check in flow document, invoice doesn't appear, neither the accounting document. So it seems that the invoice was created in the past but don't know what have happened with it because now we can see it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soory

Hi,

when I go to VA02 and check in flow document, invoice doesn't appear, neither the accounting document. So it seems that the invoice was created in the past but don't know what have happened with it because now we CANNOT see it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, verena.

please check the document type of the accounting documents (e.g. FBL5N). an accounting document created as a result of posting of billing documents to FI is RV. if the FI document type is something else, it may be a different transaction.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but my document type is RV.

Any other help?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear verena

Is it coming in VF05?? Also go to VA02, double click on any line item that you have issue and select "schedule line". Here on top, you can see two fields - (a) order quantity and (b) delivered quantity. Check whether this is tallying correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VF05 the billing document doesn't exist. Seeing in VA02 it's ok.

Any other help?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

other windows you might have opened ,

close all the windows log-off once and again log-on in the spro screen do -refresh 3times. now you open the billing document it will open.

it was happened with me also, but i have tried this it was working. i hope you will get it.

thanks

surya