cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Hoc Estimate in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Reading the SAP help on the topic my understanding is that one can execute ECP for a cProjects before an acount assignment exists for that project. Do I understand it coorectly? If Yes, then how do I get the "AD HOC ESTIMATE" button or link activated.

As of now I can only see change Easy Cost Planning object link for a WBS (under Services) only after I have assigned the PS Project to my cProject.

I maintained a costing variant for ECP Ad Hoc Estimate - in the ERP system under "Settings for Easy Cost Planning".

Here is what SAP help says:

"You are on the Accounting tab page, have costed the simulation or project (Cost button) and saved it.

__Choose Ad Hoc Cost Estimate.__The Change <name of project>: Easy Cost Planning screen appears."

Thank you,

Lacramioara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solved my problem; The formatting is lost, but basically it says you need to configure the ECP costing variant using PADH not PS06....I hope it helps!

L.

Define Costing Variant- Ad Hoc Cost Estimate

Use

The costing variant in this Config. Guide is used for Easy Cost Planning that will be used to create the basis for a quotation created by using sales pricing.

In Easy Cost Planning, the costing variant determines the following:

The Purpose of the cost estimate (Costing type)

The prices that are selected to valuate the costing items (valuation variant)

For internal orders, work breakdown structure elements, and ad hoc cost estimates, the dates that apply to the cost estimate (date control)

Procedure

1. Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

Transaction Code

IKKZ

IMG Menu

Customizing: Controlling -> Product Cost Controlling -> Product Cost Planning ->Ad Hoc Cost Estimate à Define Costing Variants

2. In screen u201CChange View u201CCosting Variantsu201D: Detailsu201D choose and you will enter screen u201CChange View u201CCosting Variantsu201D: Overviewu201D and choose

Field name

Tab

User action and values

Note

Costing Variant

YSP1

Text

SP: Ad Hoc Cost Estimate

Costing Type

Control

26 Ad Hoc Cost Estimate

Valuation Variant

Control

012 Base Planning object

Data Control

Control

PS02 Easy Cost Planning (PS)

3. Define Strategy Sequence for Activity Types in screen u201CChange View u201CCosting Variantsu201D: Detailu201D à tab Control à à Tab Activity/Types/Processes

Field name

Tab

User action and values

Note

Strategy Seq.

Activity/Types/Processes

2 Plan Price as Average of All Fiscal Year Periods

CO Version Plan/Actual

Activity/Types/Processes

You can also create YSP1 by coping Standard Cost Estimate: PADH copied into and

change Costing Variant Date Control from PC04 to PS02

4. To save your entries choose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can't give you a definitive answer on this but have had a similar problem.

I had a project that was set up to be manually assigned to the r3 wbs.

After setting the status to "to assign" but before actually manually assigning cProjects objects to a wbs then the "ad hoc estimate" link appeared on the accounting tab.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Steve

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello!

did you solve it ? i have the same issue. help is much appreciated !

best regards,

Johannes