cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component not getting planned in Heuristic run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some products & it's components are not getting planned even after successful completion of Heuristic planning run

We have setting of

"Take into account found components in planning run" but still components are not getting planned.

What could be the reason for it?

Regards,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One probable reason would be very long procurement leadtimes defined in component product location master. you should try to run location heuristics just for the component with some fictitious demand to verify this theory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

We are running location hueristic only. The demand is getting hit from Demand location to source location, but at source location it is not planning further for production, means it is not generating SNP Planned orders or purchase requisitions

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running the heuristic at both the source location and the destination location?

Are no Pur Req getting generated between the source and destination loction, then what is the base for the assumption that demand is getting read between the source and the destination location?

Please explain your scenario and the exact issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjog,

we are running herustic at both the loaction.

Purchase requisitions are getting generated at Demand & PreqRel at source location.

At Source location we have inhouse products & externally procured raw material for which SNP Planned orders & Purchase requisitions should get generated against PreqRel which is not happening.

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you to run the determine Low Level code transaction (/sapapo/snpllc) before running the SNP Heuristic.

I am not able to get any other reason for this behavior, it would be good if you could check whether any production horizon is defined in this case for the parent product.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjog,

Thanks for your promt reply.

Another strange behavior is that the product which is not planned in planning run, gets planned in single item heuristic run.

Because of this we are unable to understand the reason for not planning the product in planning run

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok I will suggest you to run the Low Level Code determination job and after that schedule your planning run job, I think this should solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will run the Job & let you know the results

Thanks & Regards,

Chetan