cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time for loading Planning books/data views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could someone throw some pointers/solutions for extremely horrible time taken for a planning view (data view) to load and populate for certains selection profiles that already have large number of trasactional records. In my case it is specifically the run time dumps thrown for a popular combination (large number of transactions).

Urgent suggestions/solutions required. Pls. call 9923170825. India, if you are lazy enough to type it out. or just type in some key words, tcodes etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the view specifcially is TLB book in the interactive mode (1800 sec is the run time defined). Recently upgraded from 4.1 to 5.0 with support pack 9 and all LC jobs scheduled as recommneded inclusing LC cons check, model check, DB sync check etc.

Also add general recommendations if the same happens with interactive planning views.

Regards,

AS

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you dont have too many macros hogging the memory in interactive book. The other thing is to be on the latest LC build. Also try to have default unit of measures (keep the dataview settings for UoM blank).

Can you confirm if you build the TLB view brand new in 5.0 or did you do some migration of the books ? The first time opening of book takes longer due to some compilation of certain objects. in SM50, try to identify where the process takes longest - whether it is at client end, at the DB procedure of LC or at application level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for the prompt reply. Let me try your suggestions. This is a post upgrade issue (SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.0) with the latest LC and serivce pack 09.

In the meanwhile pls, also give some pointer to new thread on Product view taking long time.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The LC versions is 2005_700, support pack SAPKIBHD04 and SAPK-50009INSCMBASIS is the SCM basis veriosn, - SCM Basis 5.0.

Just pasting it from system- status-details. Let me know if this is the latest release of LC apps for SCM5.0 release.

Regards,

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Loknath

I actually meant going in LC10 transaction and clicking onto Console. Hopefully the kernel version is 7.5.0 and above.

The other check you can do (and this concerns your other long runtime issues), is to go to SM50 and double click on the process you are executing while the transaction is ON. Towards the bottom, there is analysis on where the process takes long times. If it is the DB Procedure Calls, then you would need to fine tune your LC setups further.