cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no default could be determine for excise utilisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

While iam saving the excise invoive iam getting the error "no default could be determine for excise utilisation." wt are customisation settings that ae needed?

regards,

jyothi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an Information and not an Error. The Excise Rate calculations for JEXP, JECS and JA1X are based on the rates you maintain in VK11. You may not see the calculations for Education Cess and Higher Secondary Education Cess while creating the Excise Invoice in J1IIN but when you save and check in the Display Mode, you will be able to see the calculations for all the 3 Excise Components.

Ramana ND

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramana

Be it an "information" or "error", when the system says "no default could be determine for excise utilisation.", don't you think that some setting is missing in your configuration.

Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

As you are aware, working on CIN does throw-up peculiar messages and this one is no exception. I dont see any missing configuration when that information/error got displayed. Bottomline, what Jyothi needs to check is a) Whether she could successfully generate the Excise Invoice and (b) the Account Determination is correct (the CENVAT clearing account ultimately getting nullified).

Regarding Point 3 which you mentioned, that configuration is required when the Excise Invoice is to be generated automatically while still in VF01. ( I have not specified the Default Excise and Series Groups and all my Excise postings are perfect). From what I can gather, Jyothi's scenario doesn't seem to be that of Exports (Deemed or otherwise) but a normal Domestic sale.

Regards

Ramana ND

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

I sit with my technical consultant and debugged wt is happening in the J1IIN. He told that only the total values are picking by the system. i.e.JEXT (IN A/R BED total) , JEAT (IN A/R AED total) JEST (IN A/R SED total).

For this In my pricing procedure I removed stastical to these condition types and assigned Account key EXD and maintained condition records.

Mean while to those conditions i.e. JEXP (IN: A/R BED %), JEAP(IN A/R AED %) I removed the Account keys and put as statistical.

Now When i run J1IIN, ironically the BED values coming in the excise Invoice.

Now my Doubt is why the progaram ( J1IIN) is not picking the values for JEXP (IN: A/R BED %), JEAP(IN A/R AED %) ?

Any customisations needed or I missesed any thing?

Gurus waiting for u r valueble suggestions.

regards,

jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Remove the Tick against Statistical for JEXP, JECS and JA1X. Statistical are only for JEXT, JECT and for the Higher Education Cess Total (in my case it is ZHET). Assign Account Key EXD for JEXP, JECS and JA1X and any other Excise Components.

Ramana ND

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jyothi

I think there is some confusions in excise condition types. Please indicate what condition type is maintained for excise in your pricing procedure.

For information, following are the conditions to be maintained in pricing procedure.

1) JMOD - 16% (Statistical)

2) JEX2 - 100% of JMOD (will be passed to FI) - Acct.Key EXD should be assigned here

3) JECS - 2% (Statistical)

4) JECX - 100% of JECS (will be passed to FI)) - Acct.Key CES should be assigned here

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

We have only the condition typrs.

JEXP, JMAN, JEXQ, JEAP, JEAQ, JESP, JESQ, JCEP.

we r using taxinnc procedure.

regards,

jyothi.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi

Check in the following IMG areas

1) LG--> Tax on goods movements --> India --> Maintain Excise Groups. Here check for the combination of Series Group and Plant, whether the box for "Automatic Posting" is selected.

2) LG--> Tax on goods movements --> India --> Account Determination --> Specify G/L Accounts per Excise Transaction. Here, ensure that "DLFC" is maintained under the tab "ETT" for the combination of Excise Group and Company Code and ofcourse, the respective G/L Account.

3) LG--> Tax on goods movements --> India --> Business Transactions --> Outgoing Excise Invoices --> Maintain Default Excise Groups and Series Groups. Here check for the combination of your sales area, plant, excise group and series group, data is maintained under the tab "Export".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi pati,

1.Automatic posting is already there. Is it right?

2.For my excise group the DLFC is there and G/L accounts also assigned.

But Sub transaction type is not mentioned. If it is there wt shoud i mention?

3.Here no export data is mentioned. and also the sub transaction type is also blank.

wt shall i mention?

regards,

jyothi.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi

As I said above in 3rd point, under "Maintain Default Excise Groups and Series Groups", for the combination of your sales area, plant, excise group and series group, under the tab "Export", there would be some various options like Deemed Export, Bond, LUT etc., You have to maintain any of these under the tab "Export".

Please try that and recreate excise invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi