Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCD present in User Menu but...unable to execute ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have Z121XXXX TCD

2. This TCD is present in the User Menu ( How did it get there ??)

3. User attempts to execute ....unable to do so.

4. Msg " You are not authorized to execute this tansaction

I did the following :

1. If this TCD is valid and is present in the table: Yes its presnt

2. Is this TCD attached to a Role ( Thru SUIM ) No Its not.

-

My Hurdle;

1.If I need to attach this TCD to a user am I not to do it through a Role ?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

May be ur ABAPer developed that Z-...code attached to MENU bar.In this case u can add that T-code directly into S_TCODE object and u can assign through MENU also(like standard SAP transaction codes).If that particular T-code attached to MENU bar(in my company our ABAP guys will do),then user can find all custom developed T-codes in the USER menu.

If i am wrong , george please clarify back..

Rgds,

Gadde.

0 Kudos

Gadde,

1. To Develop a Z TCD -We can do it-SE93

2. Second part of your answer is my question ! --"In this case u can add that T-code directly into S_TCODE object and u can assign through ......"

This is my question --> How do I assign a S_TCODE object without an associtted role ?

0 Kudos

George,

In ur main topic :

My Hurdle;

1.If I need to attach this TCD to a user am I not to do it through a Role ?

Definitely YES,through a ROLE only u can assign TCD to any user.But even if u don't assign a role to user also,user able to VIEW list of un-assigned TCD's to him.

Rgds.

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. This is the problem.

A. The User has it on the MENU but cannot execute it.

B.There is no role stating that it has this ZXXXXX tcode.

C. But in the same client there is another user who is able to execute

How can I know why the user cannot execute ? (SU53 says the TCD is absent in S_TCODE) But there is another user able to execute it in the sam eclient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As pointed out by earlier, the report would have been added to the user menu (via SE43) after creation. This would display the transaction in the user menu but not give him the authorization to execute.

I have used this in one of my projects before where every new report developed was added to the custom user menu under appropriate head to make it easlier for the user to navigate.

For giving him execution access, you know what to do !

regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

Sachin are you suggesting the SU53 output ?

0 Kudos

Hi G,

>1. I have Z121XXXX TCD

>2. This TCD is present in the User Menu ( How did it get there ??)

The transaction Z121XXXX wud have been added to the user menu using SE43. Which will display it in the User Menu, but if the user will execute it, he will not get the access.

>1.If I need to attach this TCD to a user am I not to do it through a Role ?

Yes, please add the tcode to the appropriate role to give access to the user.

>Sachin are you suggesting the SU53 output ?

How did ya infer that?

Here i am assuming that the user is viewing the SAP Menu and not the User Menu.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Sachin,

Yes..I get the point you are onspot.how is this now fixed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have Z121XXXX TCD

Does that TCD also exist in the data dictionary?

Are you sure that is '121' and not 'I21'?

0 Kudos

Juluis,

Its Z121XXX

I checked the TSTC - This T code is present - Infact there is one user who is executing it ..but I am not able to get the role thru which he is executing ...unless I take up each role assigned to him

0 Kudos

Folks,

This is solved. The issue was that there was a TCD entered as a generic one..rather in Ranges.

Thanks for all the help

0 Kudos

Hi George,

How did you solve it? Actually, I am curious to know how I could solve it...

Adding a generic check to the generic tcode can only make generic sense, right?

Adding a specific check to the specific tcode seems odd to me for transactions with such names odd names...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

I solved the in the traditional way.

1. make a list of 'suspected" roles ( Guess work, gut feel etc allows you to select it )

2. Analyse each S_tcode object manually.

3. You will hit atleast one role who is the culprit !

Moral of the story :

1. Please never ever inlcude " ranges" as its very difficult to maintian.

Juluis,

Should you have further doubts, I willing to come over to explain this to you--Advance billing though !!

Than

0 Kudos

Juluis,

Your sentence "Adding a generic check to the generic tcode can only make generic sense, right?"

is a better approach.

Did you mean -Search in SUIM under ROLES --> TCD assigned --> Z* ?

Also Juluius --What are the generic methods ?..infact All I know is * ,

0 Kudos

What I meant was the checks at transaction start (sometimes visible in SE93) and the proposal values in SU22/SU24.

>

> What are the generic methods ?

SM30, for example.

> ..infact All I know is * ,

Did you change those checks to a '*'?

> I willing to come over to explain this to you--Advance billing though !!

Okay...

However I would like to have a money back garantee for the case if I can show you an even easier way of doing this

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> However I would like to have a money back garantee for the case if I can show you an even easier way of doing this

George,

Julius will probabely earn his refund by pointing you to:

SUIM

Roles

By Authorization Values

Enter object S_TCODE and the transaction you're looking for.

Main difference with all reports about transaction assignments is that they look in the menu (table AGR_TCODES) and as you've already discovered that does not hold the actual authorizations. These are collected in tables AGR_1250 through AGR_1252 (note) and this report (looking at object S_TCODE, field TCD in table AGR_1251) also evaluates field value ranges for you.

Jurjen

(note) This is the role side of stuff. Authorizations are held in profiles which nowadays are maintained with the profile generator. I assume an 'all green lights in PFCG' situation, wher roles and profiles are in sync.

0 Kudos

>

> Julius will probabely earn his refund by pointing you to:

> SUIM

> Roles

> By Authorization Values

> Enter object S_TCODE and the transaction you're looking for.

Nope.

0 Kudos

>

> Nope.

Nope? Easier?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I think we might be speaking of two different things here.

> george G wrote:

> This is solved. The issue was that there was a TCD entered as a generic one..rather in Ranges.

What I was speaking of is the "fail-over-check" against a "generic transaction", if the TCD in the menu does not find authority-checks of its own.

Of course, this is based on a lot of assumptions made by me (which might be wrong). I was assuming that the transaction code mentioned by George is a generated one (hence the strange name).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> I think we might be speaking of two different things here.

> > george G wrote:

> > This is solved. The issue was that there was a TCD entered as a generic one..rather in Ranges.

> What I was speaking of is the "fail-over-check" against a "generic transaction", if the TCD in the menu does not find authority-checks of its own.

And I read the invitation in relation to this part of the thread:

> george G wrote:

>1. make a list of 'suspected" roles ( Guess work, gut feel etc allows you to select it )

>2. Analyse each S_tcode object manually.

>3. You will hit atleast one role who is the culprit !

Let's call them generic assumptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered