Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Security Aspect of SAP 4.6C and ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have been working on SAP 4.6C .

I just wanted to know from the folks who have worked on latest versions of SAP like ECC 6.0 whether there is any change in the Security aspect between SAP 4.6C and ECC 5.0 .

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Raji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

There are a few more auth objects but nothing that I can remember as being significant.

What is different is SU24 (there is a recent post with info on the changes) interface and the SU53 interface has changed a bit.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

There are a few more auth objects but nothing that I can remember as being significant.

What is different is SU24 (there is a recent post with info on the changes) interface and the SU53 interface has changed a bit.

0 Kudos

....hmmm.... a view more auth.-objects?

46C with APPL: 948 entries in TOBJ

ECC6.0 with basis & APPl: 2.502 entries in TOBJ

So thats more than twice new auth.objects available and possibly checked....

Please consider enough time for adapting your roles after upgrade! Suppose, that almost all roles used for application will have to be adapted to the new implemented authorization checks.... (SU25).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

>

> ....hmmm.... a view more auth.-objects?

> 46C with APPL: 948 entries in TOBJ

> ECC6.0 with basis & APPl: 2.502 entries in TOBJ

> So thats more than twice new auth.objects available and possibly checked....

Practical experience is that the new auth objects used are rather less than double in the important areas

> Please consider enough time for adapting your roles after upgrade! Suppose, that almost all roles used for application will have to be adapted to the new implemented authorization checks.... (SU25).

I couldn't agree more, I work having to update every role, though if lots of variants for a master role then it can drop down a bit.

0 Kudos

>

> Practical experience is that the new auth objects used are rather less than double ...

... and perhaps even less than half on a mini-WAS

Cheers,

Julius