cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object for using Object Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how to limit a users authorization to create or delete attachements using the object services functionality? We'd like to control the addition and deletion of the attachments. Is there a specific authorization object for this functionality?

Thank you, Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julie.

We use authorization object S_OC_ROLE to control (SAPoffice: Office User Attribute). If you set OFFADMI (Text Field) to blank or empty, then the user is a normal user and can only create plus delete his own documents. If you set OFFADMI to *, then the user has administrator access and can delete all attachments.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julie;

I hope that following are the solution for you problem. Check wheather this is helpful to you or not.

Authorization Object C_DRAW_BGR (Authorization Group)

The following table shows authorization object C_DRAW_BGR. This authorization object allows you to limit access to individual documents.

Fields Possible Values Description

BEGRU (Authorization group) 0000 - ZZZZ Used to restrict the authorizations for document maintenance further.

Authorization object C_DRAW_BGR can be used to restrict access to individual documents. It works like a simple on/off switch. If the check of object C_DRAW_BGR is fine, the user's authorization can be further restricted by checking C_DRAW_TCD (check only based on the document type) or C_DRAW_TCS (check of the

combination of document type and status). At the fifth level there is a BADI called DOCUMENT_AUTH01, which you can use to design your own authority check.

Authorization Object C_DRAW_DOK (Document Access)

The following table shows authorization object C_DRAW_DOK. This authorization object controls which original data of a specific document type there are access authorizations for.

ACTVT (Activity) 52 53 54 55 56 57 Change application start Display application start Display archive application Change archive application Display archive Store archive

DOKAR (Document type) Here you enter the document type that access to original data is allowed for.

Authorization Object C_DRAD_OBJ (Object Link)

The following table shows authorization object C_DRAD_OBJ. This object controls which users can process which document info records, based on a combination of activity, object, and status.

ACTVT (Activity) 01 02 03 06 Create Change Display Delete

DOKOB (Object) You must enter the data base table for the objects here (for example, MARA for material record).

STATUS (Document status)

if useful rewards points.

Regards,

nitin

Edited by: nitin bhagat on Feb 18, 2008 6:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Your response was very helpful. Can you provide some insight to my problem?

From FB03, I am able to view archived images from Environment==>additional assignments==>object links==>attachment list.

However, when I am using the Object Services==>attachment list the images does not display. Any ideas why?

I have the following authorization objects.

C_DRAD_OBJ activity 03, document type *, Linked SAP Object *, Status *.

S_WFAR_OBJ activity (01,02,03), Document type *, Object Type *.

Any ideas why from one path it works but not the other?

Thanks,

Christina

Edited by: Christina Huang-Johnston on May 7, 2008 7:11 PM