cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of business system service and party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am beginer in sapxi . I couldn't understand the proper use of business system, service party.

In which kind of scenario's i can use Business system, service and party.

Right now i am working with IDOC to IDOC scenario if u would help me in this , i might work in right path of the scenario.

with Regards

prakasam.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If it is in your Landscape go for Business System

2) If 3 rd party go for Business Service

Rergards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to XI,

You can use the Business system or business service for sender to receisve communication.

Business system is a logical name of the sender/receiver.

If u know the Business system of the sender/receiver application and maintained in SLD means you can go with the Business system.Or else you can go with business service

About Part means if you are integrating the application with in the Organization means u need not use the party( A-A Integration)

When ever u are Integrating the out side the organization means we have to use Party.

Business susyems can be created in SLD itself

Business service can be created in Integration Directory.

-

Select Service with out party--Right click on Business servicecreate

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/d4653fd1d3b81ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For IDOC to IDOC you sholud use Business Systems

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

How To Configure IDoc Adapters

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6f...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

You are doing the usage of business systems and services in proper way.

The scenario will difinately work with combination of business system and service.

It will be fine for all other configurations such as Receiver Determination, Sender/receiver agreements and interface determination etc.

Please see below the importance of Parties, Business Systems and Business Services

A communication party

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process.

You can assign a communication party one or more services to address it as the sender or receiver of messages.

A business system

If you want to address a particular business system as the sender or receiver of messages, choose this service type.

A business system is an actual application system in a system landscape. A business system (service) comprises information about the inbound and outbound interfaces and the software component versions of the business system.

You usually use business system services when configuring internal company processes.

A business service

If you want to address an abstract business entity as the sender or receiver of messages, choose this service type.

Using a business service, you can define the technical or business subunits of the companies involved and then assign them the relevant interfaces.

You usually use business services when configuring cross-company processes. In this case, you only make your interfaces known to the business partners involved and either do not make any details about your own system landscape available, or only specific details.

For example, you can define RosettaNet Partner Interface Processes (PIPs) as business services.

Refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakasam,

I would suggest you to read those cents of blogs and other posts with thousands of links for beginners: nothing better can help you to understand how all the things works with XI.

Business System/ Business Services are used for your integration scenarios where you have two systems excanging information at your landscape. Parties are used specially for exchanging information with systems outside your landscape (not only for this, of course, its only a general view).

regards.

roberti