cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.0 SP13 Client Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Im having trouble with setting up my device to link up to my server...

Basically im trying to change the cab file MAP70_WinCESetupCore_Core.CAB so that I can set some properties in the Mobile~1.024 deploy descriptor. I think I need to add the following lines of code to make sure that it links/syncs to my specified server at log on :

EXISTING CODE IN Mobile~1.024:

Init.UsingTomcatDirs = false

Runtime = awt

Init.OperatingSystem = WINCE

MI.ClientInstaller.StaticCommandLine = -Of -mi -classpath '%CI_HOME%/MICI.jar' com.sap.ip.mi.ci.ClientInstaller '-home:%CI_HOME%'

MI.Executable=%JAVA_EXE%

MI.StaticCommandLine=-mi -Of -cf MI/creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup '-home:%MI_HOME%'

CODE IM THINKING OF ADDING:

MobileEngine.Sync.Language=en

MobileEngine.Sync.Client=500

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway=http://saps005:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=EC1&

IS this correct? Previous programmers have done exactly this and it works... My device installs the application but it does not even run the mobile engin.

I think the problem is how im trying to compose my new cab file. Basically, I want my new cab file to contain exactly what the MAP70_WinCESetupCore_Core.CAB file contains - I just need to make the changes as per above.

I cannot get my cabwiz to work so im using WinCE Cab Manager. What I did was to extract all the files from the MAP70_WinCESetupCore_Core.CAB file, and after making my change, copy all the files into my new cab "copy".

Can anyone advise geing given this info please??

Max points will be rewarded for useful awnsers.

tks

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

well, the general question I have will be: if you extract the files, do NOT change them and pack all together again - is it still working? I think that is your issue - cause you write that MI is not running in total. I guess you install something on the Mobile device that has a different strucutre then the original installer. CAB files can be investigated with a ZIP browser as well. So open it as a zip file and compare the structure of both files.

If it is working correctly without changing the file - one question: why do you not add the settings into the mobileengine.config file directly? This file should be available in the CAB file as well - and this is the pace the settings are written into.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

If not please tell me where I can get the software from - then I will guide you through.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Many tks for replying.

After MANY attempts I realised that you also need to specify when creating theCAB file EXACTLY where the included files need to be installed on the Mobile device... I was making the error of just dumping all the files from the original in the new cab file. Basically, it was dumping all the files in 1 directory on the mobile device.

Ill have to create a new file structure in the program im using to make sure that all the files get installed in the right places on the device.

You cannot edit the file in the cab file directly. I have tried this several times. It keeps overriding the changes you make...

The program im using is called : WinCE CAB Manager. You can get it from : www.ocpsoftware.com

Many tks again.

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

The approach you have followed to change the settings in the MobileEngine.config file is absolutely right. But since you are using MI 7.0, the following URL for synchronization is not valid any longer. http://saps005:50000/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=EC1&;. This is the URL for the JAVA Sync Servlet which is used only in MI 2.5. In MI 7.0 this has been replaced with the ABAP Sync Service and hence the URL would be different. To make your life simpler the MI Client framework internally takes care of this change and you dont have to explicitly mention the URL. So finally in order for the end users to synchronize directly to your server immediately after synchronization, please add the following parameters in the MobileEngine.config file.

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Host =

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Port =

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.System =

MobileEngine.Sync.Client =

Please be informed that the port to be mentioned here is not the port of the J2EE Engine but the port of the ICF framework in the middleware. To find out this value please refer to the following [Thread|;

Also while using Cab Manager i dont see a need to extract all the files. Just extract the MobileEngine.config file alone and then edit and replace in the same directory structure.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thank you soo much for the help.

I managed to find this out by myself over the weekend, but I actually still suspected that I could not use the long gateway address anymore. All I did was to include things both ways... Now at least i know what i can delete.

I ended up learning A LOT about constructing CAB files as I ended up doing it from scratch... After doing it like that I came across a Thread that explained that all I needed to have done is to download the Uncompressed version of the CAB file to make changes...

Oh well,, now I know.

tks

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1)I am having this error while clicking on the synchronize button on the MI home page.

Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

2)Please clarify wat is Sap Mi server Ip address?And where can I get that for verification.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Um.. Not too sure what you mean?

The Gateway you should be using to sync to (syncing from the Mobile Device, of course) should be in the following format:

http://sapsXXX:8000/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=XY2&;

1. Just put your system number in the place of XXX

2. The System Id in XY2

Is this what you want to know? This path should be spicified under "Connection" on your MI on the Mobile Device after login.

TIP: It gets these values from the MobileEngine.config file.

Please ask if this is not clear

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Thankyou for your response.

I am getting the error during MI 2.5 Sp13 Client configuration.

When i click on Synchronise button I get the following error wat should I do .

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://srepldev.srhouse.com:50400/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=D62&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

PLEASE HELP ME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think your gateway path is correct... Especially your port number (50400)

It should be more along the lines of:

http://sapsXXX:1080/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=BDZ&;

I think port 1080 might be a standard???

could you also send a copy of the content of your MobileEngine.config file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

#Mon May 12 19:13:03 IST 2008

MobileEngine.Sync.Proxyused=false

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway=http\://srepldev.srhouse.com\:50400/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid\=D62&

MobileEngine.Sync.NewProtocol=false

MI.Sync.DataVersion=251300

MobileEngine.Deployment.UpdateJarList=X

MobileEngine.Sync.Proxyport=

MobileEngine.Datacompression.Gzip=false

Hi Christian,

Thankyou for responding .

Following is the content of my mobile engine.config file.

MobileEngine.Sync.ConnectionTimeout=6000

Runtime=tomcat

MobileEngine.Sync.Proxyhost=

Init.UsingTomcatDirs=true

MobileEngine.Sync.Client=190

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Port=50400

MobileEngine.Sync.Country=IN

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.System=D62

MobileEngine.Reg.AlreadyInitialized=true

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Protocol=http

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketWaitingRefresh=1

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Host=srepldev.srhouse.com

MobileEngine.Sync.Pwdencrypted=X

MobileEngine.Runtime.Application.StartAutomatically=CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP

MobileEngine.Sync.Timezone=IST

MobileEngine.Sync.Passwd=

MobileEngine.Sync.Language=EN

MobileEngine.UM.SAPLogonTicketRequestTimeout=10

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's rather difficult as there are quite a few things that are hard to check over distance!

The only thing I can recommend is the path you specify... Check my previous messages.

Someone who is very helpful is Oliver Kaluscha. Check out his business card here on SDN and send him an email.

He might help

tks

C

Answers (0)