cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup MAM Fullscreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Probably a very easy question: is it possible to let the MAM startup in fullscreen (completely maximized)?

Best regards,

Diederik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you talk about the Laptop installation of MI. In that case, chage the startlink:

mobileengine.exe –f for full-screen mode

mobileengine.exe –s for minimized mode

Well, there are other values as well for the startlink, but this is in addition.

At the end, MI will already start full screen -switch the resolution after startup.... I do not think this is possible with a simple setting.

Hope it helps to answer the question.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diederik, Oliver,

There is more easier way of achieving this functionality. To open MI Client browser in

1. Maximized mode, Create a file named fullscreen.txt in the MI Home directory and then start the client.

2. Minimized mode, Create a file named minimizedFile.txt in the MI Home directory and then start the client.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. I 've tried the switches, however, strange enough, only the minimized switch and minimized file works. The maximized switch and file did not work. No idea why. I 've checked the available switches with MobileEngine.exe -? and the -f switch was listed.

Does anyone has an idea why the maximized switch doesn 't work?

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There was a problem in displaying MI Client in maximized mode and this bug was resolved. Can you please make sure you are using the latest SP of either MI 2.5 or 7.0. The file size of the latest MobileEngine.exe present in the MI home directory should be around 180 or 200 KB (this has the fix). If its around 600KB then maximized might not work properly.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar,

The file size is indeed around 600 KB, so it seems to be the older version.

We are currently using SP19P3, to be in synch with the server-side SP.

As far as I know, the client-side SP may not be higher then the server-side SP, so we 'll have to wait until the server will upgrade.

They are upgrading the server the coming weeks, so I 'm afraid we 'll have to wait until they 've finished it.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I just checked SP 19 Patch 03 build and found that the size of the MobileEngine.exe file is not 600 KB but 180 KB. So what you could do is take the MobileEngine.exe file from the uncompressed setup of MI Client and just replace the one that is available on your client. Will solve your problem.

If you wish to deploy this file to several devices, create a Client Installer addon and they deploy this addon to the client.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar,

I 've checked our SP19P3 update pack we are using, but there 's no MobileEngine.exe file in it (that's probably why it 's still the 600 KB version). I 've tried to pick this SP up from the SAP Support Portal, but the link to this version seems to be broken.

Do you know where I can download this version?

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can download from the following link

http://service.sap.com/swdc

SAP Support Packages

Entry by Application Group

SAP NetWeaver

SAP NETWEAVER

SAP NETWEAVER 04

Entry by Component

MI Client

MI CLIENT 2.5

#OS independent

Patch for NWMCLIENT SP 19

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But will that not give any problem? This is patch level 8, we currently are using patch level 3...

By the way, what's the difference between:

Patch for Mobile Client 2.5 SP 19 and Patch for NWMCLIENT SP 19

and between;

SAP MI 2.5 SP19 and SAP MI 2.5 SP19 CLIENT

Thanks,

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you would just replace the MobileEngine.exe file, wouldnt create any problem at all. Moreover you can also upgrade to the latest patch since the server also is on SP19. The only difference is the Patch doesnt contain the MobileEngine.exe file while the NWMClient.sca file contains the file in the uncompressed folder structure.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your help!

Upgrading the MobileEngine.exe file did solve it.

Maybe one last question...

If your server is running on SP19, your client must also run on SP19 (eventually a lower version, but not a higher version, e.g. SP20 may not).

But should it also be on the same patch level? Is it possible to let the server run on SP19 patch03 for instance, and the client on a higher patch level, e.g. SP19 patch08?

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik,

Great to hear the problem has been resolved :-). For your other query, it is only required that Client is lesser than or equal to Sever SP. It doesnt matter what patch it is on. Hence you can definitely upgrade to SP19 Patch 08 although your server is on Patch 03.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Again, thanks for your answer!

Best regards,

Diederik

Answers (0)