cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with modes of transportation in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When I create an invoice the header ForTrade/Customs is incomplete as it is missing Modes of transport details. Where can I set these modes of transport up so that they are automatically assigned. Is it on material level or customer or somewhere else?

Sincerely

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked in SPRO and as far as I found out it is not possible to set the values for order-related billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Forget my last post. I was testing with an order-related billing and that is why the fields were not assignd, the data is first assembled at delivery stage, no delivery, no data.

It worked fine with standard OR sales flow (order --> delivery --> Invoice).

Is there any way I can set it up default for order-related billing?

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, am not sure if i understood what you want but if you wanted to setup order related billing, then make sure that the sales order type you are using contains the required billing document type marked for it at VOV8 against the field Order related billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu.

No, you misunderstood (or I did not express it clearly enough). When I create an invoice based on the order (order-related billing) then the mode of transportation fields are not automatically assigned since that data is retrieved from delivery. As I am sure you are aware of order-related billing has no delivery at the time the invoice is created.

My question is can it be set up default somewhere in SPRO so that the info can also be displayed on order-related invoices or not.

Hope it helps.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

thank you both for the help. It has somewhat worked.

I have set up the data in trcode VI95 (Proposal for Foreign Trade Header Data) and I have also set up in trcode VI49 (Foreign trade data - Control system response) the necessary requirements. Now I get a green icon status on header level. However fields Mode of Transport are not filled out although in VI95 I assigned transport mode 3 (road).

Why is status green but not showing values?

Secondly item data needs to be set so that Commodity code (under Legal categorization) and Business Transaction Type are filled out atomatically. Any clues as to where this is done?

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even after configuration is maintained for Foreign Trade Data, it may be observed that it is required to go to foreign trade data at item level, as weel as header level & maintain data through drop down selection. Also ensure to click on 'X' in red, which will turn green with a tick mark sign, once minimum required data is maintained. First perform the tak at Item level for all Items, followed by Header level.

Some of these data can be maintained in Material Master --> Foreign Trade Data tab page to be automatically captured in relevant documents.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

You can assign the default values in

Spro-> Sales and distribution> foreign trade/customs ---> transportation data ---> Default Values For Foreign Trade Header Data

in this screen cilck on country for want to maintain

in the next screen in tranport tab u can maintain the available ModeOfTrnsprt-Borde.

Kindly Reward points if helpfull.

Regards

vK