Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change label' s button for MI customer application

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a MI application (ZCUSTOMER_STORAGE) and when my client run the MI client there is a button with "ZCUSTOMER_STORAGE" label.

Is possible change this label (without change application name)?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you upload the application via WebConsole or NWA, there are two naiming fields. First is the name of the APP, that is the name of the WAR file and should be the same like at GETAPPLICATIONNAME. The second value is the info text. As by my knowledge - I have not uploaded content for a while now - this second value is the one displayed on the MI home screen. Changing this second value will display another name in MI Home Screen.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rocco Marino,

What Oliver mentioned is absolutely right. The link for the application that is displayed on the MI Client is the Description of the application that is entered while uploading the application. What you need to keep in mind is just changing the description in the WebConsole or NWA will not directly reflect on the client immediately. You will have to undeploy the existing application from the client and redeploy the new application with the modified Description.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all for help,

but i still have the same problem.

I have MI 7.0 and use Mobile Archive Converter for upload my jar file and deploy the .sda file.

In the Mobile Archive Converter there are 2 fields: name and descriptor.

If I put in name= ZSHOP and in description= MY APPLICATION NAME when run MI client (after new download application) the label's button is ZSHOP (and not MY APPLICATION NAME).

Where is the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you say you are uploading a jar file, i get to know that you are using a MI AWT Client and not JSP. The above solution will only work for MI JSP client not for MI AWT Client. For AWT Client only the application name is displayed and not the description. This cannot be changed.

Best Regards

Sivakumar