cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java 1.4.2.17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is Java 1.4.2.17 stable or are there any issues ?

Regards

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

To make SpnegoLoginModule work with the SUN JDK 1.4.2_14+ try to set the new JAAS property isInitiator to false.

com.sun.security.jgss.accept

{

com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required

isInitiator=false

debug=true

useKeyTab=true

useTicketCache=false

storeKey=true

principal="..."

doNotPrompt=true

refreshKrb5Config=true;

};

We are using 1.4.2.16 and Kerberos works fine.

Best regards

Golo Maichel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just verified Golo Maichel's suggestion with NetWeaver 7 and J2SDK 1.4.2_17. Everything works as expected so far. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With 1.4.2_14, 1.4.2_15 and 1.4.2_16 you get an exception using Kerberos authentication with WebAS Java (see note 1057474). As a workaround you have to switch back to 1.4.2_13. A fix is promised with 1.4.2_17.

There are of course other bugs fixed, which you could see in the release note of the JDK. I'm not going to paste it here because it is depended from the vendor of the JDK.. I guess you are using HP-UX, so here is the link to the release note for HP-UX JDK:

http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/java2/sdkrte14/infolibrary/sdk_rnotes_1.4.2.17.html

@SUN's version of JDK 1.4.2_17 is not released yet and I haven't confirmed that Kerberos bug is fixed.

Regards, Ventsi

Edited by: Ventsi Tsachev on Feb 19, 2008 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kerberos bug is not fixed with Java version 1.4.2.17 in case anyone was still wondering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaji,

There are no issues reported to SAP with JDK 1.4.2_17. Although the note about the JDK versions is not updated yet I think it is safe to use the latest version.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ventsi,

Thanks for the information. We have scheduled for the change for tommorrow. Will update once its done.

Regards

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there any reason to change to 17 - any new exciting improvements?

And does Kerberos/SPNEGO work with it now?

Regards,

Andi