cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

on BW3.5 on unix /oracle.

In our BW system, the transport hangs at BW.Movetabs, I have gone through various notes that is 12746, 71353, 26966, 449270, 26966 and done required checks but still the problem is not solved.

Checked that the jobs are running on the correct host

SM37 Job Name RDDIMPDP*

Start After Event *

Checked the table TRJOB and TRBAT and deleted the clogged entries , checked the Slog etc and tried to reimport but still the transport hangs.

Please help me friends.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap Gurus,

Transport data from Prd

to dev .

I have a question.

1:-Is it possible. if yes than how.

Regards

Gopal

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuroop,

Go to /usr/sap/trans/SLOG file and check the error?

Best Wishes

Kumar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go into SM37, check all RDD* jobs.

if your system is slow, go into RZ11 and change rdisp/gui_auto_logout to 0 (zero).

the standard value if 600 (10 minutes) and this is not enough for some support packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SM37 , all the RDD* are been scheduled and successfully finished ,and parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout is already set to 0.

thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok then,

check logs in /usr/sap/trans/tmp and look for error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen the tmp , there is no relevant information in the regd the error messages.

pl help

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

next step:

SM21

ST22

SM37 job logs

/usr/sap/trans/log

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked, but there is no proper information.

RDDIMPDP job doesn't start when the transport starts , so i need to do Select job-REpeatscheduling-immediately and then the transports goes through until the below ,

tp finished: ERROR: see tp's stdout (Standard Out may not be available)

I have seen the sap note 26966.

Please help.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check again, a log in /usr/sap/trans/tmp should tell us that RDDIMPDP is not starting properly.

so now, go into your productive client and run program RDDNEWPP, it will fix your RDDIMPDP scheduling.

also run the same program from client 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. The transport hangs in our BW QA. and transport are successfully imported in the production and development system. Our domain controller is production system. All the transport log files ,cofiles and the datafiles of dev ,qa and prod files are stored in the production system.

I couldn't find any error in RDDIMPDP.I have already run the program RDDNEWPP in the QA in all the clients but still the transport hangs.

pl help

thnaks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try updating R3TRANS and TP.