cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc TO JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have completed the message mapping.I see that the occurance for the segment in IDoc is 0..1 .

But the requirement is that the segment may contain multiple records.

My question is , Do I need to change the occurance of the Segment to 0..Unbounded and redo the mapping or I can go ahead with the old occurance i,e 0..1.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC root occurance is always 0-1 but under the root node u may have multiple occurance of segments.

Which occurance u r talking about IDOC root occurance or segment occurance.

U r getting multiple IDOC or only single IDOC? pls clarify

if u want ur IDOC Root node occurance to be changes then u need to export the strucutre of IDOC and change the Root occurance of IDOC using the Stylus studio or XML_spy tool and import the strucutre in external definition of IR.

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing the occurance of the structure will be fine. the scenario will work absoultly fine. If you continue with old occurances then only 1st record will be consider.

Also don't forget to delete the IDOC MetaData from IDX2.

Refer below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

If the Metadata is deleted from the IDX2 , Does the interface works for the new structure

Thanks,

kiran.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Metadata is automatically loaded when u run the scenario. So the interface will work

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever IDOC strucutre is changed u first need to uplaod thechanged metadata in IDX2 transaction.

Still u ahve not describe the strucutre of IDOC.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

After deleting the Metadata form IDX2, you need to upload the new IDoc that was changed. Then you will get the new changes reflected in the IDoc. Your mapping will work.

Thanks,

Kish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

U have to change occurance to 0...Unbound............. otherwise ur Segment wont take multiple records.

Thanks,

Maheshwari

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just change the structure and the occurrence should be ö to unbounded. Reimport the structure in message mapping, the current mepping will not get deleted.

Regards,

Prateek