cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parties, Business Systems and Business Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've read a lot about items in subject, but have some doubts about applying them to my scenario. I have to integrate SAP system and web service.

As far as I understand concepts, this is B2B communication, so I have to use parties. To represent SAP system I use Business System, as it's described ins SLD, and for Web service I use Business Service... just as we use business services for web services

--- Am I right here? Will it work ok in reciever determination, agreement?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U do not require party in this u can do it without party as well.this is normal scenario.

Steps to be followed:

1) Create the WSDL from the ID

2) Test the WSDL through XML-spy.

3) Import WSDL in IR external definition and use it.

4) at r3 end what u r doing?

Business system for SAP and business service for SOAP which u have created it perfect use that.

Folow the below docs for more help:

How to use webservices in XI

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

How to use SOAP adapter:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f...

How to Set Up a Web Service-Related Scenario with SAP XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/befdeb90-0201-0010-059b-f22...

Exposing BAPI as Web Services through SAP XI

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/24/exposing-bapi-as-web-services-through-sap-xi

Testing XI exposed Web-Services

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, thank you, it was exactly what I wanted to hear

Chirag, at r3 end I just need to call WS and transfer to it a message with an attachment (I've already thought over communication details such as client proxy and soap adapter).

Explain me please manipulations with WSDL you've described - why do we need it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WSDL

WSDL (Web Services Description Language) is an XML format for the description of Web services. The following elements are defined by WSDL:

· The Web service interface (IDL)

· One or more transport protocols that are used as access to the Web service (for example, SOAP)

· The Service Endpoints (URL)

Refer the link for more infor on WSDL.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/8d9a3d13ce0450e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/8d9a3d13ce0450e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

if u going with proxy then u need to first do the configuration at Xi and R3 end.

Refer the below link

ABAP Proxy configuration:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Client Proxy -

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Thnx

Chirag.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are doing the usage of business systems and services in proper way.

The scenario will difinately work with combination of business system and service.

It will be fine for all other configurations such as Receiver Determination, Sender/receiver agreements and interface determination etc.

Please see below the importance of Parties, Business Systems and Business Services

A communication party

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process.

You can assign a communication party one or more services to address it as the sender or receiver of messages.

A business system

If you want to address a particular business system as the sender or receiver of messages, choose this service type.

A business system is an actual application system in a system landscape. A business system (service) comprises information about the inbound and outbound interfaces and the software component versions of the business system.

You usually use business system services when configuring internal company processes.

A business service

If you want to address an abstract business entity as the sender or receiver of messages, choose this service type.

Using a business service, you can define the technical or business subunits of the companies involved and then assign them the relevant interfaces.

You usually use business services when configuring cross-company processes. In this case, you only make your interfaces known to the business partners involved and either do not make any details about your own system landscape available, or only specific details.

For example, you can define RosettaNet Partner Interface Processes (PIPs) as business services.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, you are right.

So if your scenario is betwwen 2 companies, it is B2B. If you have to integrate SAP and WS in your company, it is A2A.

So if it is a B2B, you should use parties. But it case of WS it is not necessary. If you create just business service without party, it will work as well. Parties are necessary, when you are developing a B2B scenario, which uses some Party identificators. (AS2 for example)

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my understanding it's like that:

party: everything that is outside of your landscape (in special cases inside -> IDoc)

Not always needed. More information here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/37/455d6993cd7646ac33674b162ab2a6/frameset.htm

business system: every system that is defined in your sld

business service: every system that is not defined in your sld

Think your are right

Regards

Patrick