cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver not available after restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new jdbc driver using the oracle jars (classes12.jar) and everything was well with a custom datasource.

However, upon restarting the AS the driver seems to be 'not available'.

I think this has something to do with the fact that it thinks the jar file is in a temp folder which has been deleted on restart.

What is the correct way to create a permanent jdbc driver?

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

under the following link you will find a step-by-step guide to install the JDBC driver for MaxDB --> link.

So to install the Oracle driver only choose the right jar-file and perhaps use other names than in this guide.

I've used this guide to install the MaxDB driver in my system some weeks ago and for me it worked very well.

So I hope it helps you too.

Regards,

Norman Schröder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

This seems to relate to Netweaver 2004.

I am using version 7.1.

I tried to deploy using the dbpool command in the link you provided, but it still seems to use a temporary directory for the jar location...

any ideas?

Regards,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

I've used this step-by-step guide for a Portal 7.0 system, so I think it should work for your system, too.

Anyway here is another SAP guide to configure a JDBC system. Basically it's for the Visual Composer again, but the steps should be the same --> SAP HowTo guide

Good luck.

Regards,

Norman Schröder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

I have attempted to follow the instructions in that pdf, but to no avail.

It seems as if the driver can be deployed ok, but it just doesnt stay there after a restart of the server.

All very strange.

Regards,

andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be sorted - i was able to use the core_lib driver as we are using Oracle as our system db.

It causes all kinds of craziness in the classloader if you have 2 oracle drivers installed - especially when working with blobs.

Question still remains though - why do drivers have an unknown state after restart.... and have a location of the jar which does not exist.

Regards,

Andrew

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

This is just a visualization problem in the NWA, actually drivers / datasources should be working fine. It's also described in this [thread|;.

Cheers,

\-- Vladimir

Answers (0)