cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Instances on a N+1 Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to install SAP ERP, BW, CRM on separate servers but only want one standby machine (meaning if any of the three instances fail, I want it to failover to the one standby server).

Are there any special procedures to do this or can it be done the same way as a two node cluster?

The environment is:

Intel x64

Windows 2003EE

SQL Server 2005

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now closing this thread.

It turns out that the hardware vendor (I will refrain from saying which) would not support N+1 so we did not use the solution.

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not the problem in case of ABAP instance, but not easily implement for Java instances...

The best way would be to use MSCS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0b8cd93-f1e9-2910-c186-86bfff3d...

as of 700 you can install N-nodes cluster, it means the only one small instance (A)SCS is part of cluster. The physical nodes can be used for installation of dialog instamces. DI by itself is not single point of failure and the system will be operational even you loose some DIs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I am unable to open the link you specified.

Can you check to see if the link is okay?

Thanks.

By the way, do you know of any projects that have done this?

As far as I have been able to confirm, no one has done this in a live production system.

(THIS being have multiple active servers and only one standby in a MSCS cluster)