cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response of async web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've created a function module which calls a synchronous BAPI. I released this function module as a webservice.

When I call the web service it always gives a response although I don't need it in case of an async call.

Is it normal that even an async web service gives back a response?

Could it be that I have to change something in the definition of the function module to make it asynchronious? As far as I know, only a CALL of that function module can be sync/async, not a FM itself.

How can I achieve that the web service gives a response, or is it normal behaviour for sync and async calls?

THANKS in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created an asynchronous interface in XI...

But nevertheless it gives aresponse message back.

@Swarup: How can we supress or redirect the response?

Should the BAPI be called in a background task?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddie, and what's the problem? If I understand you correctly:

you send a async request to WS, this calls BAPI. BAPI returns response to WS and WS returns response to XI. But since this is a async interface, the WS's response is thrown away, isn't it?

Or do you see the response somewhere?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You're right, the WS sends back the response, but it's not used. It's not really a problem, because everything is working fine.

But it would be cleaner if there is no response, because you see all the messages in SXI_MONITOR...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The QOS is dependent on the sender. The sender RFC by default is sync if we use some import parameter in it. Same is the case for u. RFC default behaviour makes webservice to send bak the response.

The blog mentioned above may help u.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the blog doesn't help me at all.

I published the function module as a WS which is called from XI via SOAP and not RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will give the response even if for Asynchronous call, as basically its by nature synchronous. Thus in Interface Mappping if you see even if the response is not available the Respose tab get activated.

You could either supress or redirect the resopnse if you will not require it.

The Function module to be called in background for Asynchronous call.

refer,

Send RFC to SAP XI – Asynchronous

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddie,

every web service is synchronous and even when it returns no data, it returns at least empty SOAP message. But it's no problem. You can call web service asynchronously from XI by creating an asynchronous interface. This should solve your problem.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Asyc WebService does not have response. It dependes on your WSDL for the Webservice. If you have input and output message defined in the WSDL operation you will always a response, because this kind of operation is request/response from WSDL primitive.

Nevertheless I does not known enough about FM to give you further adverise. I think in case you wrappe one sync BAPI FM into webservice, the generated description always has request/reponse in the WSDL operation.

regards,

Hai