cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: How can the jasper classes or .jar files be referenced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for our application we use the cocoon framework.

By running it with the JSP-Generator I get a ClassNotFoundError for class org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.

How can I reference the jasper classes or .jar files in the application-j2ee-engine.xml or where do I find them under the SAP Web AS 6.40 sneak preview version?

Thanks for answering.

Gudrun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gudrun,

I'm not aware that these libs are part of the standard set of libs so ideally you use them by creating a new Library Project which you do via File --> New --> Project --> J2EE Server Component -> Library and the following wizard. Within the created project you open the editor for the server/provider.xml by double clicking its node. Go to the jar tab of the editor, select the jars node and press add. Select the jars you want to add to your library project (you'll have to put them into a lib folder within your project). Build and Deploy this server component library and reference it from your application via the application-j2ee-engine.xml editor. To do this select the References node on the general tab of the editor and press add. On the dialog shown press the button select library/interface/service and scroll right to the top of the dialog that appears. Check the checkbox for your library and the reference is set. Now deploy the app and it should work.

Best Regards,

André