cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-forma invoice in VF04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can a pro-forma invoice be generated in transaction code VF04?

tnx

Jisley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this link.

www.jt77.com/system-dynamics/model-07468.html -

or google Proforma invoice using VF04

I believe this should help you.

Cheers

MR

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create proforma with VF04. just enter the billing type of the proforma in the selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

You can also try this way to generate proforma invoices using vf04:

Proforma invoices will not be shown using VF04, but you can use it to display the billing document due list, but fill the field "default data billing type" with your proforma invoice type to trigger the generation of proforma invoices.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Hernan Terrazzino

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VF01 I have entered the Billing Type "Pro Forma" then the document number but I am getting a Processing Status of "Incorrect".

Any ideas why this might happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pro-forma invoices can only be created through

transaction VF01 - create individual billing document. The VF04 work list is just a display list of all billing due douments (deliver & order related documents) from the database table VKDFS. Proforma invoices are never written to VKDFS.

This standard behavoiur

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VF04 is nothing but MAINTAIN BILLING DUE LIST. Hence system always proposes the Sales orders and Deliveries which are due for billing on the given date range.

Proforma is not Mandatory and it can either be created for an Order or a Delivery and as many times as required.

Hence its not appearing in the DUE list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Invoice can be created through VF04, not Proforma Invoice.

Incase you have a scenario, where only Proforma Invoice will be created & not Invoice, in that case Billing Type in Sales Document Type can be mapped as Proforma Invoice & it can be created through VF04.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

i can't understand.. why is it that a pro-forma invoice can't be created in VF04?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jisley

In VF04, only the documents for which PGI is done, those documents will be displayed, whereas, for proforma it is not necessary to do PGI. Even without doing PGI, you can generate proforma and that is why it can be generated only thru VF01.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I don't think thats the reason why we can't create a proforma invoice in VF04. Actually, We can create invoice in VF04 even if its not PGI'd.. like returns, credit memos, debit memos..

Please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

You said that: "Incase you have a scenario, where only Proforma Invoice will be created & not Invoice, in that case Billing Type in Sales Document Type can be mapped as Proforma Invoice & it can be created through VF04."

I checked the sales doc type setup and it is already mapped as Proforma Invoice but still it cant be created throug vf04.

Please advise!! thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

No... Its not created in VF04..

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Feb 15, 2008 2:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proforma inovice will be created by using T.code VF01.

Once you are in t.code VF01, select the option available in billing type ( profoma invoice)

Proforma invoice will not be posted accounting.

T.code VF04 is used to run billing due list for the following documents

Order-related

Delivery-related

Rebate-related

Intercompany Bill

Kindly reward points if usefull.

Regards

vK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the difference of creating invoice in VF04 and VF01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VF04 - Billing due list.. Orders or Deliveries need to Bill.

VF01 - Create Invoice for Single delivery.

In VF04 only Sales Order and Delivery's need to be billed will be shown as billing due list.. Proforma invoices are not mandatory.. so this will not be available in VF04.

Reward points if useful

Muthupandiyan.